Barnes & Noble / barnes and noble falsely advertises & fast and free & delivery
On december 16th, I ordered items from barnesandnoble.com to be used as christmas presents. I normally would never order so close to the holidays, however, the website advertised - "fast and free delivery. " according to the advertisement, orders placed by the 17th would arrive 3 days after being shipped from the warehouse. My items were shipped on the 19th and scheduled for delivery on the 22nd.
However, ups has now rescheduled the delivery for the 24th. I will not be home to receive this delivery as I will be visiting the people for whom I ordered the gifts that I will not have for them.
Had I known this would be a possibility, I would never have ordered from them. Their customer service operator explained that they have "no control"over ups who apparently do not deliver on the weekends. Why, on earth, would a company as large as barnes and noble use a shipping service over whom they have "no control" and who do not deliver on the weekends?
More Barnes & Noble Complaints & Reviews
- Barnes and Noble - unauthorized membership renewal charges 
- Barnes And Noble Member Card - member card 
- Barnes & Noble - advertised price vs in store price 
- Barnes and Noble - fraud 
- Barnes and Noble - satisfaction is also at the customer's expense 
- Barnes and Noble - Gift card redemption
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - book order; received wrong book
- Barnes and Noble - witnessing rude management behavior
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - online order/"supervisors"
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - textbook rental