Barclays Credit Card / Scam and cheating!
I have a Barclays credit card. I always pay my amount due right after the statement close date. I received the card in March of 07 and I called the company to ask when the close date was and they said the 27th of each month. I set up an automatic payment on the 29th of each month. Two days ago I received a call from a collection agency stating that my account has been deliquent since Jan 08. I proved to them that I have made a payment every month. To my shock they said they decided in Jan 08 to change the close date to the 2nd of the following month without informing the customers. That meant that I paid two payments in Jan, thus not paying one in Feb. They sent me to a collection agency because my payments now were considered a month behind and they charged me late fees of $29 for Feb, March, and April even though they received a payment every month on the 29th!!!... AND since I had a special interest rate of 2.99% (as long as payments are on time) they have been charging me 21.99% for Feb, March and April. They refuse to take the late fees off or fix the finance charges. I am seeking a lawyer and I suggest that you do not use Barclays for anything unless you feel like getting charged for breathing or tricked into this!!!
More Barclays Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not 
- Barclays Bank - Unfair practice for balance transfer 
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance 
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank! 
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam 
- Barclays Bank - apple credit card
- Barclays Bank - account closed 24%
- Barclays Bank - swift transmission
- Barclays Bank - current accounts
- Barclays Bank Plc. - Unauthorized credit card charges