Barclays Credit Card / Scam and cheating!

I have a Barclays credit card. I always pay my amount due right after the statement close date. I received the card in March of 07 and I called the company to ask when the close date was and they said the 27th of each month. I set up an automatic payment on the 29th of each month. Two days ago I received a call from a collection agency stating that my account has been deliquent since Jan 08. I proved to them that I have made a payment every month. To my shock they said they decided in Jan 08 to change the close date to the 2nd of the following month without informing the customers. That meant that I paid two payments in Jan, thus not paying one in Feb. They sent me to a collection agency because my payments now were considered a month behind and they charged me late fees of $29 for Feb, March, and April even though they received a payment every month on the 29th!!!... AND since I had a special interest rate of 2.99% (as long as payments are on time) they have been charging me 21.99% for Feb, March and April. They refuse to take the late fees off or fix the finance charges. I am seeking a lawyer and I suggest that you do not use Barclays for anything unless you feel like getting charged for breathing or tricked into this!!!

Comments

• Vi
      13th of Apr, 2009

10.4.09

THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
    CREDIT CARD DIVISION
    BARCLAYS BANK
    MUMBAI

SUB: CREDIT CARD NUMBER:-4339483483134138

DEAR SIR,
    PLEASE REFER TO ABOVE CREDIT CARD NUMBER, THE PAYMENT OF WHICH IS BEEN FOLLOWEWD UP BY YOUR GURGAON OFFICE VERY VIGOURSLY.

SIR, I M UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I VE NEVER APPLIED FOR YOUR CARD WHY IT WAS ISSUED TO ME AND MOREOVER WHEN I VE SURRENDERED THIS CARD IN JUNE 2008 WHY YOU ARE CONTINUOUSLY SENDING ME STATEMENTS WITH MONTHLY CHARGES AND INTEREST PAYMENTS.

NOW IT SEEMS THAT YOUR ORGANIMSATION IS USED TO BLACKMAIL PEOPLE AS DURING DECEMBER YOUR LOCAL REPRESETATIVE CALLED MY ACCOUNTANT TO PAY RS 400.00 AS FULL AND FINAL PAYMENTS WHICH MY ACCOUNTANT HONOURED, BUT THAT DID” NT SERVED THE PURPOSE AS THE RECEIPT WHICH HE GAVE TO MY ACCOUNTAT DOES NOT CLEARLY REFLECTS THE SETTLEMENT BEING DONE.

NOW I M LEFT WITH NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO REFER MY CASE TO RESERVE BANK OF INDIA AND CONSUMER COURT SO THAT IN FUTURE YOUR ORGANISATION MAY NOT FOOL POOR PEOPLE WITH FALSE COMMITMENTS AND PRESSURE TACTICS.,

VINAY GUPTA

To,

The BarclayCard,
    Grievance Settlement Department
    Mumbai

Subject: Grievance settlement for wrong Credit Card bill amount asked to paid by BARCLAYSCARD

Dear sir,

Barclays card bank issued me the platinum cr. Card no. 4339 5024 2123 6349 on 12/09 with wrong promises of credit limits & free insurance coverage.

But next month onwards they started to send me the bill with insurance fees of Rs 1000/-. In between past 5 months I was not in the city. When I returned I found bill amt of more than Rs 4000/- which increases every month. Till date I have not used this card.

When I complaint about the same at customer care department of Barclaycard, they asked me to pay the complete amount as it can not be reversed.

Though, from last 2 months I do not receive the Hard copy of the Credit card statement, but still messages for balance amount due against my Credit Card sent on my mobile phone No. +91-9819924024.

So please help me on grievance settlement in this regard.

With Regards,
    SATYENDRA BIND
    Mobile: +919819924024
    Address: Room No. P-8, Block no-2
    Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Sion (W)
    Mumbai-400017