Barclays Bank / Juniper Financial Corporation / Poor service!

Juniper financial, owned by barclays bank (Delaware via uk) , informed me they can take from 3 to 10 days to note that a customer check has been received. And then they add an additional 24 hours to process that check. All the while piling up on the customer huge late fees - - even though check was in u. S. Mail and at their bank by due date. That allows them to pile up a total of 12 days on which they can charge late fees. And all the while check was mailed in time to arrive by the due date!

I view this not only as exploitative but also unethical and immoral. Where are the consumer protection laws that should throw this type of operation in jail. Juniper financial corporation of barclays bank is the credit card arm for airtran airlines visa program.

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Aug, 2007

The only reason I agree with the above is that I had an account with this company and after 4 years I am put in collection because I was delinquent on an account I never knew I owed. The bank never wrote me or called me or did anything but put me in collection after owing this for 4 years . I probably owed $5.00 and now it is up to almost $500. I had a lot of purchases with this company and always paid on time. Why was I not billed for the bill they say I owe. I cannot get an answer from collection. No one can give me records. After 4 years I probably accumulated about $495 in charges. I hope someone from the company will contacts me. If I had a bill outstanding I would have paid it like all my bills. I pay bills immediately. You can see from prior months that I continually payed my bills on time.

If this company charges huge late fees I am sure they may never sent me a bill to me. I am not a judgmental person and maybe a mistake happened and I will accept that.

Sincerely,