Barclays Bank / Repeated calls

India Review updated:
I received a call at 12:13 pm from a person called "Priya" who represented that she was calling from Barclays Bank regarding a credit card offer. I politely informed her that i would not be interested, asked her not to call me again and cut the call. Surprisingly, i received a call from the same number again at 12:16 pm asking me if i was interested in Barclays Bank credit card. The person speaking was "Priya" again. When i informed her that she had called me a while back and that she should not be calling me again, she aske dme my name and hung the call without even apologizing.

Thereafter, i called the number back (+[protected]) and spoke to her. She was not even apologetic then. I asked her to transfer the call to her senior. I was transferred to a lady called "Kala". I asked her the details of the company she was calling from and i told her that i propose to file a complaint. She informed that she had joined only a few days back and dint know the company she was working for!!! She was quite rude and cut the call without even hearing me out.

Thereafter, i called 3-4 times and they kept cutting my call and after 2-3 calls they kept the phone off the receiver and i kept getting the busy message. I called after 10 mins and spoke to another lady and explained what happened. She informed me that they were calling on behalf of Barclays Bank and that the agent they worked for was "Shraya Enterprises".

I would like to lodge a complaint against Barclays Bank and the agent for having called me more than once in a span of 3 mins and being extremely rude. Also, the ladies who called me dint even know good English and requested me to speak in Kannada after having called me to speak about the credit card in English.

Comments

Go
  12th of Mar, 2008
On droppping a Citibank cheque No. 215398 in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at Bund Garden Road Pune drop box on 15th December 2007. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays persons many times (From Gurgaon) and customer care also (Sandeep and Meghna) but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

Why customer should pay the late fee when it is delay in collecting the cheque from Bank itself. You are requested to wave off my late fee and interest.
Bk
  5th of Aug, 2008
harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2008. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR
Bk
  8th of Aug, 2008
BARCLAY BANK CREDIT CARD - very worst service in india

still i have not recieved anyreversal & any reply from barclays credit card department after requesting them by mails & phone calls

hi barclay,

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR
india
chennai
tamil nadu
Ra
  19th of Aug, 2008
hello barclay, dr ramesh parmar here. U people are so stupid. I don't have any barclay's creditcard and u people used to call me daily 4-5 times. So many times i have told u that i am not Mr Sandil Sinha. I dont know who is this bloody guy who gave my mob numb to u. I daily get 10-12 sms and 8-10 calls from your department saying that mr sandil sinha your credit card payment is 4 months due. Oh God! So many times i have explained to u that i m not mr sandil sinha and requested the caller not to call again me. Even i didn't know about Barclay before this phone calls. And yr custmor care numb is not working. I am tired by yr harassment now. Plz stop it.
Ra
  19th of Aug, 2008
hello barclay, dr ramesh parmar again here from RAJKOT-GUJARAT. Plz read nd listen carefully that i am not Mr SANDIL SINHA. Plz stop sending sms and doing phone calls to me regarding mr sandil sinha's due payment. Mob numb. 9898413336 is my numb. Not of sandil sinha. If u have doubt than u can inquire at airtel's customer care but stop harassing me. I will be thankful to u. U can search Mr Sandil Sinha by his adress also and ask him his true mob number. Stupid! Dr Ramesh Parmar- rajkot(gujarat)- 9898413336
Ma
  19th of Apr, 2009
even i have been receiving these calls from Barclay ...they want some Ravi...f* despite telling them that i am not Ravi they always give me 3-4 calls daily and ask for the due payment...bloody hell...don't they have any sense ...can't they just check up with the mobile network operator if the present number is still valid or still in the name of the person they are looking for...or the number has been subscribed to someone else...if i am consistently telling you that i am not Ravi kumar why the hell are you calling me again and again...had i been ravi kumar and my payment was due i wud have changed my number ...just harrasing other people without prior confirming if the mob. number really belong to the particular person...if i get any further call i am planning to go in consumer cell...that's a better way to deal with these things...
madhur singh
Gb
  9th of Jun, 2009
Some letters has been written times without number to address below BARCLAYS BANK PLC NOTTING HILL BRANCH 137 LADBROKE BRANCH LONDON W11 IPR, in reference of ADEKUNLE KAZIM
with ACCOUNT NO. 10556289 of which i have not hear any reply and my last letter written to Barclays Bank dated 27TH APRIL, 2009 and enclosed like this:
I hereby as Sole Surviving Administrator of the Estate of the late Mr. Adekunle Kazim who until his death, he maintain and operated an account No. 10556289 with your bank. I request the outstanding balance sum in the said account to be paid to me.

Enclosed herewith are all the documents to facilitate payment including the death certificates of late Adekunle Kazim (my father and said account holder) and my late mother Mrs Florence Omolara Kazim his late wife and deceased administratrix of his estate and a copy of the letter of Administration from the probate Registry of the Lagos State High Court, Nigeria.

All this was forwarded to your bank but no reply up till date . Kindly treat this matter with the urgency it deserves.
Gbolahan Kazim