Barclaycard / Harassment from collection agents
I am customer of Barclaycard and paid all the credit card dues on time. To my surprise, I got a SMS from Barclaycard on June 20th, saying I have crossed the credit limit and suggested me to pay the amount immediately. I immediately called up the customer care department of the Card and clarified that I have not done any transaction during that month and no dues are pending from me.
As per Barclayscard, in June 19th there were transactions worth Rs. 1, 55, 666.38 ( including Bank charges) where my credit limit was Rs. 1, 50, 000/-. Fact is none of these transactions were done by me and I do not have any clue on merchant mentioned by the Bank. Those transactions were foreign currency transactions and I was very much in India on that day.
I have called up Barclaycard many times and checked the status of these fraud transactions. They have informed me that they are inquiring about the incident and requested me to send a mail / letter to their Bank, which I have done. Also send them a mail and letter requesting them to cancel my card account since they do not have any security system in place to stop fraud transactions.
Now I am getting harassed by Barclaycard collection agents for making payment as per the statement. I am getting around 6 calls and SMS's from the Bank / Collection Agent. I have informed Bank about these calls and checked the status about fraud transactions. Inquiry is still going on and they do not have any update till now. Since I do not have any other dues with Card, I am not making any payment.
Request your help to stop these harassments from Barclaycard. Do I need to make a Police complaint against Barclaycard? Also request your suggestions to handle these kind of issues.
More Barclaycard Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not 
- Barclays Bank - Unfair practice for balance transfer 
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance 
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank! 
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam 
- Barclays Bank - apple credit card
- Barclays Bank - account closed 24%
- Barclays Bank - swift transmission
- Barclays Bank - current accounts
- Barclays Bank Plc. - Unauthorized credit card charges