Bank of Oklahoma / Failed Account Closure

1 Tulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

I closed a business account (I thought) on [protected]. I transfered my account to another bank, where I had another business account, to consolidate them. Approx. 2 weeks later, I started getting notices that my old account was overdrawn! Apparently the teller had given me a cashier's check which emptied my account, but did not officially "close" it. There was an automatic deposit from the state of Oklahoma that mistakenly went into the account; there were also several debits taken from the account, which should never have occurred, which resulted in an "overdraft" position, on an account that should have been closed. I was then socked with over $250 worth of overdraft charges; I went to the bank to straighten it out; they were perplexed, until they saw that my account had never been actually closed. They then tried to tell me that if there were any automatic transactions attempted on the account, that the the account would then be "re-opened"; I checked with another bank branch, & they told me that was not true. I called the main bank center & talked to a supervisor; they said they would refer my problem to the regional mgr, who would call me- never got a call. Now, I am getting a notice from a collections agency for the $80 that the bank says I owe them!!!

Comments

6th of Jun, 2014

This hhappend to my sister as well. And now she has bank fraud on her record. She didnt even know they did this untill 3 years after she closed accnt and went to get a new accnt. And they said the same about returning a call.