Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

1 1207 market street, Wheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Comments

• Ca
      13th of Feb, 2009

I took out a loan with Bank of America in April 2008, to consolidate
    some debt. These loans are called GoldOption line of credit, and
    they charged me 15.99% interest rate. I did not want to accept this
    high rate, but felt at the time I had no choice. I have payed on this
    account for almost 1 year, and have asked them 2 different times
    if they would reduce the interest rate on this loan. I have payed
    them more than the payment and early each month. I have a
    credit rating of over 700, which means I have paid all my bills
    on time. I am a senior and I want to pay this bill off as soon as
    I can, that interest is more than half of my payment, even when
    paying over $100 extra each month. How can I get these people
    to lower my interest rate to at least 10%? I need your help in dealing
    with these people, they have only their own business concern and
    care nothing about their customer's. I know I accepted this rate,
    but it's very discouraging to see the interest rate more than the
    payment to the balance of the loan. Do I need to file a complaint
    anywhere else? I appreciate your help in this matter.
    This bank takes Federal money, but refuses to give any consideration
    to it's customers.

• Bl
      19th of Feb, 2009
    Bank Of America - ATM Machines
    California

I do not feel like standing in line, or bad weather to deposit cash and checks -one at a time- ( which by the way takes longer) without an envelope.

It is annoying, defenitely not safe at certain hours, takes longer.

Who is the Genius at Bank of America Corporate Office implemented this idea?

• Tr
      30th of Mar, 2009
    Bank Of America - Errors and False Fees
    Bank of America

Bank of America is attempting to charge me 117.00 in what they call an overdraft fee. However, my records show that at no time was my account below a $1000 balance.

1st of Apr, 2009
    Bank Of America - Check scanners on ATMs
    Boston
    Massachusetts

The new Bank of America ATMs have check scanners for deposits. They are TERRIBLE! It used to take me a minute and a half to deposit 10 checks in an envelope, and now it takes 5+ minutes as the stupid scanner processes each check individually, while I wait and wait. Plus, the scanner rejects valid checks all the time, wasting even MORE time.

• Li
      1st of Apr, 2009

we recieved this message from b of a we recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your online bank account and multiple password failures were present before the longons.
    we now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.
    to confirm your online banking records click on the following link:
    https:// online.bankofamerica.com/Identitymanagement/

Please let me know what to do.

• Ne
      17th of Apr, 2009

Bank of America has ruined my life! They are the biggest bunch of crooks I have ever encountered, with their manipulative ways of taking these ridiculous overdraft fees from their customers...The company should be ashamed of itself an d all the executives should be behind bars!!! The worst bank EVER!!!

17th of Apr, 2009

Charged $18.42 on an E-bill. Never set up E-bill account. Account ends in
    ...2607. Date of charge 4/28/09.

• Br
      21st of Apr, 2009
    Bank Of America - Overdraft scam

Will some Lawyer please launch a class action on B of A's scandalous "overdraft protection" scam so it's customers can get some relief?

• Qu
      21st of Apr, 2009
    Bank Of America - Stolen airmiles Credit card
    Bank of America Master card

Bank of America has closed my account in good standing for over 20 years with no advance notice.
    THey have also not returned my airmiles that were attached to the account.
    If this has happened to you please contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com
    I am looking into what legal action can be taken

• Da
      28th of Apr, 2009

We are casting a documentary about unfair bank policies. Looking for stories with complaints about banks. If you are cast we will pay you. If interested contact [protected]@sbcglobal.net for more information. Casting needs to be concluded by May 1st, 2009.

• Bo
      4th of May, 2009
    Bank Of America - Home Loan & Credit Card Issues
    Georgia

Bank of America received stimulus money for bad decisions. I have been out of work for almost 3 months now and they will not do anything due to that fact I have a BofA Credit Card and Home Loan and I collect unemployment despite the fact that my debt is more than 150 % of my unemployment. And 120% is from BofA debt alone.

• Ro
      6th of May, 2009

You can add another name to your list, MINE!! I have been caught in a fraud or scam. The Company name is PRIMERICA
    They are deducting $25.00 monthly from my checking, not to mention a $99.00 join up fee. Of course I want this cancelled immediately. Please contact me ASAP.
    631-940-1171 or 516-244-2448

Roseann Straitz

• Un
      7th of May, 2009
    Bank Of America - denied a credit
    Los Angeles
    California

I bought E efficient windows...but I did not get what I ordered..B of A, despite my documentation, and I had to send it over 6 times...would not give me a credit. And then they have closed my other cards, even tho I have paid in full every month for over 10-years and have ruined my credit score and file...

• Le
      12th of May, 2009
    Bank Of America - Bank Charges
    bankamerica.com

Bank of America has the worst customer service workers I have ever dealt with. The Bank charged me 35 dollars for a 50 cent over the limit swipe. I was over 50 cent in my account and the bank charged me 35 dollars and the customer service agnts refused to reimburst me the fee for such a small charge. The agents did not review my account at all before making a final decission.

13th of May, 2009

I have Bank of America as my bank and I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER experienced bad customer service. I know for a fact that they will waive overlimit fees for you. But they have to stop it somewhere, you must have already had one with in the last 12 months. Sounds to me that you need to learn to manage your money a little better there.

• Bn
      13th of May, 2009

First of all, it is not likely that they just looked at you and said no. Secondly, you are the one that overdrew your account, you should take responsibility for your actions. Banks are tightening thier belts just like everyone else; $35 to you is just the same to them. When you opened your account you were likely issued the terms and agreements which states that this will happen if you overdraw your account. You even agreed to these terms by opening an account, why is it now you do not want to abide by these terms?

15th of May, 2009

Dear Roseann-Our records show that you completed an IBA to become a representative, and that you authorized the draft from your account for the IBA and monthly POL fees. The Refund Provision of the IBA, located directly above your signature, instructs you to contact the company as follows:
    To withdraw your IBA and request a refund send email to us_iba_refunds(at)primerica(dot)com.
    To cancel your POL subscription and request a refund, send an email to help_callatlantabilling(at)primerica(dot)com, or call 18887372255.

Regena Wood
    Primerica Home Office employee

• Ac
      19th of May, 2009

Bank of America is engaging in severely unfair practices. We have had a credit credit with BOA for more than ten years. Our credit score is in the 780s. We have never missed or been late on a payment, or exceeded our credit allowance. Nonetheless, BOA sent us a letter telling us they were increasing our interest rate 8%. What possible justification could this company, which has already taken enough from the taxpayers, have for engaging in such usurious activity? I plan to report them to my representations and the better business bureau, and I encourage like-treated customers to do the same. If we do not begin to make our voices heard, these things will never change and unscrupulous creditors will continue to take advantage of us. SIGNED, A VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN.

• Mo
      28th of May, 2009

thats nothing I personally know an american business man who recieved commissions on a legitimate business deal done over seas and his money aprox 150 mil was wired to Bank of america it has been over a yr and bank of america refuses to give the guy his money they wont even talk to him any more Bankers in this country are the biggest crooks and should be imprisions

• Mo
      28th of May, 2009

Bank of america SUCKS and are crooks and are stealing from americans and we are powerless to do anything because they are to powerful