Bank Of America / loan modifications and foreclosure

1 CA, United States

My second complaint about Bank of America. I am at the underwriter with my loan modification. I have been told by every agency and lawyer that I am a great candidate for a loan modification. I was told the entire time by B of A that while I am in an loan modification that if I go into foreclosure that a sale date would be postponed. While doing the modification which started in Feb 2010, and they have been dragging their feet. Well in September they put me in foreclosure and would not take my payments and then in late November set a sale date. I have called many times and they won't postpone it till 2 weeks before the sale date and there is not quarantee if they will postpone it at all. The newest information is I will probably not get the modification due to there being too much equity in the house. You supposely can't have more than 20% inquity in your home Why was that not told to me in February when this all started. I could have applied for a Harp (gov refinance) program while my credit was not that bad. Now my only choice is to file for bankruptcy so I don't lose my home. When this all started I was only 2 weeks behind in my payments and should have waited till I got an extra paycheck then to agree to their forebearance and loan modification. Not only to they call daily with collection calls, most of the time when I talk to them they are rude and hang up on you. I talk to lawyers and they are willing to help me and want my business till they find out how much equity is in the house.