Bank Of America / billpay
I just noticed that BOA Billpay sends out payments in 3 ways: 1. electronically, 2. by "regular" check, and 3. with a laser draft check. These payment types are random even when sending out payments to the same companies on a monthly basis. They say it's to stop fraud...
Here's the problem... the first two are deducted out of your account on the date of the scheduled payment. As it should be. The third magical laser draft check is not deducted until the company actually tries to cash the check.
So now everytime I want to pay a bill I have to go check the billpay payments for what has been "sent" and go back to the account to see if it was actually taken out.
This is friggin' ridiculous!!! That's not how you balance a checkbook!! A real world example is that I have 2500 in my checking account. A payment was scheduled for 1300 today. My stupid checking account still shows 2500 and will show that until the receiving company decides to cash the check!
WTF!!?? The only reason to do this is so that customers will overdraw on their accounts and BOA will collect lots of extra overdraft fees!
There is no logical explanation as to why they don't take the money out of the account as they should on the scheduled payment date like they do with electronic payments and regular checks. Hell.. if I knew which payments were laser checks, it would at least make things easier on me to balance my own account, but no... it's "random" so I have to balance my account every time I want to send a payment!!! WT[censored]
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America Corporation - Cash Advance Transaction
- Bank Of America Corporation - mishandling of fraudulent online purchase claim
- BOA Property Claims - holding twia claim funds
- Bank Of America Corporation - checking
- Bank Of America Corporation - cashier check