Bank Of America / check cashing
Went to B/A in Las Vegas, Nevada located on Martin Luther King and Washington Boulevard August 3, 2007 to cash a Credit Card Check which my fiance had given to me for $175.00. when I got to the window the male clerk took my driver license which had the exact same information (address) as printed on the check, he verified the funds then came back to the window and said he couldn't cash the check because my drivers license was not 30 days old. So then I showed him my employee cards, which are all dated and had my picture on them (Sheriff card, Alcohol Permit, Health and Tam Card he said he could accept these. I had a change of address he said he had no way of verifing that and this is bank policy. I asked to speak with the supervisor she also agreed that I could cash the check even though the funds were available unless I had a military identification card or passport, she went on to say that this is Bank of America policy. So then I went to another Bank of America they said because it did not have the Bank of America on the check they could not cash it (Rancho Drive and Craig Road), I said well the other said they could cash because my drivers license was not 30 days old. I called the call center, one person said that is not true about the drivers license and then another said it was true, that what they wanted was for me to open an account and deposit the funds into the bank. The reason I went there was because I needed the funds immediately or I would have deposited it into my account. What happens when someone wants to open, withdrawal funds they are new in the state and they don't have a military or passport how do they get their money? When their drivers' license is not 30 days old? Yet each person said that each Bank of America has their own policies as to the acceptance of check cashing, to me this is unacceptable. Bank of America is Bank of America, their policy and procedure are based on however each bank wants to do? It showed me that there is no uniformity within their system of banking.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied
- Bank Of America Corporation - the racist comments the bakers in delano california
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service dept