Banfield Veterinary Clinic / consumer complaints ignore
On 5/22/08, we took our 2 year old Poodle, Bobby to your clinic for a physical examination. As a part of this examination, the Vet took Bobbys temperature with a rectal thermometer. His procedure, I thought at the time, was unnecessarily rough and Bobby reacted with severe pain when the thermometer was jammed into his rectum.
Bobby began having diarrhea by that afternoon, became listless and then started having blood in his stool by the next day. On Sunday 5/26, it was apparent our dog was ill and needed emergency intervention. (See paperwork). The diagnosis was an abscessed anal gland that had ruptured and he was treated for this. He now is on medication and has to wear a collar to keep him from aggravating the injury. The cost of the emergency visit was $180.
When we brought Bobby in this condition was present, but unnoticed by your vet. This gland was aggravated by the rough rectal examination. I note on your paper work that the Banfield vet inaccurately stated normal, empty anal glands and didnt see this existing condition. I am told it would have been quite visible in a careful examination, even by a non-professional.
I believe the emergency treatment we had to seek and the charges of $180 should be paid by Banfield because of the rough and negligent examination. The failure of your vet to see and routinely treat the anal abscess in a reasonable manner is unprofessional. Your own examination paperwork notes normal and empty glands.
More Banfield Veterinary Clinic Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - malpractice
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan / teeth cleaning / money grabbing practices
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet services
- Banfield Pet Hospital - I will never return
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet insurance