Banfield Sign Petsmart - Millbury, Mass / warning! stay away from this place!

I took my puppy several days ago to this place because my vet was on vacation... I go sign up and wait 1 hr to see this so called vet... Her & her assistant go in and look @ my puppy... I tell them was wrong ... She tells me all these test they have to do to find out was wrong ... I'm like ok... Sure but y ?? Whats wrong with my dog? She give me this attitude and tells me to shut up and let her finish ... I was like wow... She gives me a list of foods to buy my dog because she thinks my dogs food is causing him the blood on his stool... She wrote... Royal canin... Eku something and puppy chow... I was amazed =o i said no thxs my dog is allergic to ### so this so called vet gave my puppy the wrong medication .. Did not give me information of any kind letting me know what my puppy had... I took my puppy to his normal vet he told me that was the wrong medication ... And my dog almost died ... I dont recommend this place!! I rate this a zero. They are plain rude, expensive they had the nerves to call the cops?? I have rights! See u in court :)

N  30th of Nov, 2007 by
Thx, Millbury,

I was on the fence about trying Banfield for my puppy. I was afraid they would take an unprofessional fastfood approach, and you confirmed it. I'll stick with a traditional vet.
N  17th of Jan, 2008 by
Paul Donohue: You're taking advice from someone who can't use the English language properly? The complaint was so ambiguous and badly written it's impossible to discern what really happened.

I work for a Banfield and can tell you we definitely do not take a fast-food approach to pets' healthcare. I've work in other vet offices (privately owned) so am able to compare accurately. Banfield provide the same level of professional service and the vets are "traditional" vets. The difference is Banfield is large enough that the company can do things like the Wellness Plans. A vet owning his own practice is not going to have the time or money to offer those sorts of plans.

I highly doubt that neither the vet or nurse explained why certain tests where necessary. How could you offer the tests without doing so? We've had people come in from traditional vets and seeing that their pet was on the wrong medication or had a shoddy job done on a dental.

I'm not saying all Banfields are perfect. I'm sure there are some poor offices out there, just like I'm sure there are plenty poor "traditional" vets out there.

It's absolutely silly to discount an entire company based on the actions of one.
D  24th of Jan, 2008 by
Saying all Banfield offices are bad is like saying all PetSmart stores are bad. It might be true for a lot, but definitely not all. I work at PetSmart now and have had friends who worked there in the past. This store has even been given awards from local humane societies for helping the local pet charities out, as well as taking such good care of their animals (at least at this store... my manager said that she's seen PetSmart pay $300 for a hamster's vet bill!)The Banfield in the store I work in is new, but seems GREAT. From the little interaction I've had with employees there, they seem polite enough.
D  9th of Feb, 2008 by
I had brought my Ball Python into the Banfield in Millbury for some burns from an undertank heater due to the inexperience of the person watching her while i was on vacation. I was seen right away by the staff, they showed me how to clean and medicate the wounds, explained the meds to me, and were friendly and informative the whole time I was there. I didn't know what to expect since I had never been there before, and I was more that satisfied. The treatment was great and the cost was more than fair in my opinion. If I ever have and more problems, this is where i will be going from now on.
D  11th of Feb, 2008 by
I have been taking my dog to Banfield for over 5 years and I have never had a problem. They are always very professional, they remind me of my appointments and call the next day to make sure my baby is doing ok. I love them and can't imagine going anywhere else.
A  17th of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree thatBanfields is a successful business. A qualified, caring pet hospital? Hardly. I suspect the vets such as "doctor Patti", are friendly enough but really not quite sure how to diagnose a problem. There seems to be a standardized routine of expensive lab work w hen clearly at times symptoms suggest something different, like an xray. I say business, because it is impersonal and if you want your animal to get the best care, take it to a vet who w ill manage his/her care..;not treat him/her like part of an hmo.
I took Buddy in to Pet Smart Millbury in November with what I suspected had been an episode from cardiomyopathty. Blood tests done...antibiotic...$300.+.
Now, May, I take him back in for not eating and looking like he's giving up on living. They want to take more blood tests. They are very concerned about telling me how much it will cost; more so than listening to me as to if those tests will tell us anything. I was sent home saying he has "some sort of infection". I was given a script for food "no cat can resist".
Two days later I call to say he's not eating anything. He's failing. I think he needs to be seen and probably euthanized. Very politely I'm told the first available appointment is 6 days from now. I can come in and wait, but be prepared to wait all day.
I called someone else's vet...who is coming in on Sunday morning to see Buddy for me.
I don't want a money-hungry business as a vet. I want a caring, knowledgeable doctor.
A  17th of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
By the way...I just checked with the Mass Better Business Bureau and Banfields is not an accredited business in Massachusetts by the BBB. Enough said. Nice is great, but nice shouldn't cost that much with no results.
D  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
This complaint is ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense that a vet would tell a client to shut-up and you would just continue with the visit. A vet can't diagnose what is wrong with your dog by just doing a physical exam. Lots of different things can cause a dog to have blood in their stool. So, when they want to do a test to find out what is going on with your pet, why would you ask them what is wrong when they obviously don't know yet?
D  28th of Nov, 2010 by
I have had nothing but great experiences in my dealings with Banfield Millbury and I have brought 2 cats there for the past year. My first cat was 19 y/o and I did not have her on a banfield plan but was in and out so much that they treated me as if she was. She was finally failing dramatically so I brought her in to be euthanized and was treated respectfully and kindly at this tough time. My second cat is a stray I have taken from my daughter and she is on a plan and I have had no problems with staff or treatment plans. She is an older cat (approx 10) but very lively ... I am not unhappy at all with how she or I are being dealt with at Banfield Millbury. I would think twice before believing everything that is posted especially since these posters really do not make any sense. Sue
A  28th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
my cat was sick i brought them there and they told me there was nothing they could do that he had to be put down i took him to another vet the next day and they told me that he was just dehydrated. they wanted to kill my cat instead of doing the right work!
D  16th of May, 2012 by
Tonight my dog had an ear infection. I've have 3 golden retrievers and have gone to Sturbridge veterinary hospital for over twenty years. Today when I called around 3, they refused to even take a look and said aspirin was the best I could do. Well, I then called petsmart and they said they would absolutely take a look. I was in and out within half an hour. The receptionists were incredibly friendly and helpful, and the doctor confirmed a yeast infection in my dogs ear immediately. He Brought the needed medication into the room and explained in great detail exactly what to do and why they would work. As of now my dog is resting comfortably and not suffering through the night the way he would have if we hadn't gone here. I will definitely be coming back!

Banfield Pet Hospital Logo Banfield Pet Hospital