Banfield Pet Hospital Clifton Park NY / they only want your money!!
Their only interest is whether they can sell you the "plan" for $442 or the one for $513. Even after I said I was only interested in one office visit for my dog's ear problem, I was forced to listen to 4 minutes of a gal reading about each of their plans, asking me which I wanted, and telling me I really needed to sign up for one. I declined, so they put me in a room, spun the computer monitor toward me, and repeatedly played their video sales pitch describing each plan, often disappearing from the room so I could listen more. Each time they left the room, they made it a point to spin that screen toward me. It was almost comical. But I wasn't laughing since I had an uncomfortable dog. I'm accustomed to sales pitches, but never before have I been trapped like this. And although it's probably not illegal to use a sick pet to try to extort money from someone, it is certainly immoral and shows a total lack of concern for pets.
Even if I had folded and given them the $500, the plans only cover visits - they still intend to get all they can from you on everything else. They ultimately charged me almost $70 for ear medication - 5 times what I had paid elsewhere for the same problem. So it's pretty obvious that their policy is to overcharge for all the not-covered "other services" in the future even if I did buy the plan. I wish I had never heard of them and will be looking elsewhere for affordable vet care.
More Banfield Pet Hospital Clifton Park NY Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude
- Banfield Pet Hospital - vet services
- Banfield Pet Hospital - death of my dog
- Banfield Wellness Plan - cancellation process