Banfield Pet Hospital / all about the money

I took my cat to Banfield because he stopped eating and was very lethargic. The vet checked his temp and did a visual exam. She could not tell me what was wrong with him but went on to discuss all the horrid, terminal things it could be. This was in front of my eleven year old daughter. After the vet had us both in tears, she said blood work needed to be done at the additonal cost of $250 (the fee was already up to $185). While I love my cat, I just did not have that kind of money. After questioning the vet further, I found out that the immediate treatment would be the same whether or not the cat had an incurable disease or a simple stomach-ache. I tearfully made the decision to pass on the blood work and hope for the best. My cat was fine after three days of forced feedings and antibiotics. I look back and realize the vet was just trying to get the extra fees from me - with no regard for my or my daughter's feelings. Simply a horrible experience! I'll never go back.

Vr

Comments

• Ba
      24th of May, 2011

Vrem73,
    First, I want to say that I am sorry that you were not happy with your experience. Our goal is always to provide excellent client service, and your feedback is truly valued.
    While I cannot speak to medical issues on this forum, I do want to make sure we acknowledge your concerns and clarify the reason for the recommendation of care. To discuss your experience, please give our Client Advocate Team a call at 877-500-2288.