Banana Republic / lowering credit card limit

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Banana Republic cut my credit limit from 2900 to 200.

I can no longer buy anyting there.

I have good credit.

This seems unfair to me, but it just means I will not shop there.

They rae a company that makes their money by selling a product - CLOTHING! Not supposedly by credit card late fees.

I have always paid my balance off in full.

I dont' understand this, as they seem to have lowered customer's limits so low that they wil not shop there. I certainly won't anymore.

So they are trying to sell clothing in a tough economy and are doing so by actually throwing away their customers. Shooting oneself in the foot, it seems. Stupid idiots.

Gee, are we supposed to now think they are not interested in selling clothes, but only in usury?

Comments

• Ga
      19th of Mar, 2010

The credit card accounts are managed by a 3rd party. BR stores individually have no control over your credit card limit. Did you try giving GE a call to raise your limit?

21st of Sep, 2010

they lowered my credit limit too. I have great credit but they still lowered it. they do not allow making more than one payment in a billing cycle! I want to pay off my ballance and they won't let me do it because I made a payement 20 days ago...This is so stupid. I have american express credit card and they allow me to make as many payments that I want in a billing cycle.