Balsam Hill / POOR QUALITY - BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is one of the worst e-commerce retailers out there. They just don't care about their products or their customers. I spent $2000 on a 12' tree from Balsam Hill. It arrived defective and has continuous lighting problems. This year more than 2000 out of the 4000 light bulbs do not work. Balsam Hill just says, oh well, you have to do maitenence now and again. The tree was bought at the end of 2009. Its in its second season this year. Balsam Hill is full of excuses and promises to call you back or send spare parts. Its all false promises. Once they have your money they just don't care. The Better Business Bureau shows dozens of complaints about Balsam Hill. Actually, all you have to do is Google the words "Balsam Hill Complaint" or "Balsam Hill Reviews" and you will find hundreds of unhappy customers. One customer has a dedicated web site called www.balsamhillsucks.com ! Please, do not but a Christmas tree from Balsam Hill. It will be the worst experience you have. Its a shame the recession didn't wipe-out this shady outfit!

Comments

• Go
      10th of Dec, 2012

Balsam Hill - Defective lights! Purchased a 9 foot pre-lit clear/colored lights option tree in 2009. Put it up the first year fairly easily and it looked great for that season. Took care in taking it down and storing it... have never had the same experience again since. 2010, couldn't for the life of me put the right plugs together to get the all clear or all color option to work so I just kept it lit with all lights for that year. 2011, took me 4 days to get the tree lights plugged correctly!!! I should have quit on day one and thrown it away because even after I got it together, half of the lights burned out! Here we are in 2012 and I'm spending hours cutting all of the light strands off the tree with wire snips. I spent over $1300 originally and I do not want to throw it away because I feel guilty about spending money on something that I know I can remedy. I am going to go back to the old fashioned method of stringing the lights on just the way I did before when I had my $99 Target Christmas tree that was tried and true for almost 20 years prior to buying this overpriced and unreliable pile of SH;T from Balsam Hill. Oh, and back in 2010, I tried to call customer service and couldn't get through to anyone to compain to!