Babies R Us / Return of a defective item

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States

I registered at BRU and of course when I registered I was encouraged to put things on there that I will be needing as my baby grows. I received a high chair from my registry and stored it away in my daughter's closet until we were ready to use it when she was about 4 months old. We we opened to box and put the high chair together, not only was I completely unsatisfied with the quality of the item but it was defective, the recline button on the back did not work. I went to return it and was of course told it was to late, past the 90 days and that my registry was expired. The store manager "Dustin" was very unhelpful with offering any remedy, not even an exchange for the exact item! He was rude and not at all apologetic! I went home and contacted to company who made the high chair "Chicco" and they immediately offered to send my a complete brand new replacement high chair. Now If the company is willing to be that helpful to me I am positive they would do the same for BRU had they taken care of their customer and exchanged the item for me. I have spent over $1500 in this store for my little ones furniture, but those will be the last pennies I ever spend with that store. Expecting mothers beware!!!

Ma