Babies R Us / Return Policy Contradiction
Babies R Us stores contradict their official return policy posted here: http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm
Our unpleasant experience:
We received a car seat from our registry that did not fit our car. We did not receive a gift receipt for it, which caused no immediate concern as it was on our registry. Before visiting Babies R Us to exchange it for one that fits, I researched the above return policy to ensure a smooth transaction. The above policy clearly indicates the acceptability of, and even procedures for, returning items without a receipt. Also, note that this particular car seat is an "R Us Exclusive", meaning that only Babies R Us sells it. Moreoever, the car seat was manufactured only two months prior to this posting, demonstrating that it was purchased less than 90 days since.
Upon attempting to exchange the car seat, I was denied (and not politely). I was told that no returns or exchanges were permitted without a receipt - period - even after displaying the printed return policy to the contrary. I then called corporate customer service, who informed me that "we don't accept nothing without no receipt" (verbatim). I was then directed to a supervisor, who finally admitted that store managers can make "exceptions" to their (contradictory) no-receipt policy. Accordingly I asked for the store manager, who aggresively denied my return request.
At that point I invoked my own "squeaky wheel" policy, which motivated the manager to finally accept my return.
To sum up:
1) Do not trust any posted return policy from Babies R Us (and, by extension, try not to trust anyone at Babies R Us).
2) Do not register at Babies R Us.
3) If you continue to shop at Babies R Us, consider purchasing an addtional car seat to protect your purchase receipts.
More Babies R Us Complaints & Reviews
- Babies R Us - Baby registry return policy 
- Babies R Us - Survey 
- Babies R Us - Terrible service and inconvenience! 
- Babies R Us - SURVEY TO WIN $500 
- Babies R Us - assembly instructions 
- Babies R Us - customer service 
- Babies R Us - Heidi Klum baby bed
- Babies R Us - Sent wrong item
- Babies R Us - Rude staff!!!! 
- Babies R Us - $500 dollar survey