Babies R Us / Baby registry return policy

Do not set up a registry with babies r us. Yes, they will not accurately reflect which items have been purchased for you but even worse, they will not accept returns past 30 days-- hard to believe when you're talking about a baby registry. Also, if an item is bought online and you need to return it because perhaps the baby is too large or small for the item or you received a duplicate, etc, etc, they will not issue a credit to you, the gift recipient. They will credit the purchaser of the gift. They do not make this policy clear at all. I learned the hard way and lost the value of over $100 of items. So your baby looses. They are also very arrogant in defending this policy. One supervisor, Russel Frost, told me he didn't think it would be a big deal for my friend/family member to repurchase something for me. Didn't think it would be embarrassing for the friend/family member to learn the item was returned by a babies r us credit on their cc- not by me. Also, he couldn't understand how an item chosen for a registry could be not needed- shouldn't i choose more wisely? Obviously Mr Frost and the corporate head honchos at babies r us don't have babies. Funny thing, huh? I won't shop there any more and will discourage all of my friends and family from using their deceptively "user-friendly" baby registry. Use babycenter.com or babystyle.com instead!

Comments

• Gi
      31st of Oct, 2008

I agree with the above poster. I purchased a high chair online off of my best friend's Babies R Us registry and they NEVER took the item off of the registry. I had to call Babies R Us to have them take the item off. It didn't matter anyway because my friend received TWO high chairs when she only registered for one! My friend told me that she received 4 of the same items when she only registered for 2 and when she tried to return them, they wouldn't allow her to EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR OWN FAULT!!! Now that I am pregnant, I will not register through BRU. I'll go through Buy Buy Baby or Target

• Al
      26th of Nov, 2008

A few things to add..

First I am sorry for your horrible service.

However the return policy is 90 days not 30 & if you have a receipt with the purchasers credit card on there then they can either give credit to the purchaser or give you store credit which i'm sure is what you wanted, which they should have done. I am sorry for your experience but clearly whom ever you dealt with did not know the FULL policy.

To the second poster:
    I again am sorry to hear that experience, however it may not have been BABIES R US fault it could have simply been that no one gave the registery print out to the cashier or they printed the registery off online at home and then hours later came in to buy it thinking it was still availible but not checking again... mean while in those hours it could've been purchased. this happens alot.

• Ih
      9th of Aug, 2009

BRU is the WORST! 90 days is ridiculous most new moms can't figure up from down in 90 days. Funny they give you a year for wedding registries. I have tried to return items that where on my registry and NO luck, I was told it was the gift givers responsibility to tell me the return policy...ridiculous.

BRU is NOTORIOUS for things not coming off the registry. There are numerous incidents when people bought things and had the registry scanned and it didn't come off. I remember a time where my mom bought something off my registry, had the thing scanned, I was with her and when we checked a few days later it was not marked bought.

BRU has the WORST customer service. I tell everyone I meet, even strangers who are pregnant NOT to register at BRU.

• Rj
      4th of Jun, 2010

Wow! I couldnt agree more... a huge company like BRU you would think they would want their customers to be happy and create customer loyalty!!! But in fact its quite the opposite... I was trying to return a convertable carseat, my son is 8mos old and ready for it... it was brand new, I didnt have a reciept and figured it was on my registry so it wouldnt be a problem, besided I was just going to purchase another. Well, , after being told by numerous people that it was past 90days and the registry was past 6mos from my due date I couldnt... I was furious and called corporate, and was told the same thing, , , I was more furious that they wouldnt even offer a discount on another seat!!! terrible customer service and I will NEVER shop there again!!! Screw BRU and Im telling every one I know!!! there are plenty of places to buy baby items!

5th of May, 2011
    Babies R Us - not a complaint its a commet
    babies r us
    st. louis
    Missouri
    Phone: 314-894-8055

this is not a complaint this is about a associate jeannine, at the south county location, she was very happy, and she helped me when i thought i was going to have a hard time bringing my rocker back, did not like the rocker and she was so sweet about it, we returned it and i went back and picked out another one, i was going to go somewhere else to pick out a rocker but her being so friendly i just went back and picked out one there so thank you jeannine.

p.s. SHE DESERVES A RAISE

SINCERLY CHRISTY STRUPP

• Rb
      27th of Jun, 2011

I agree---we've had the same problems with Babys R Us. The registry either doesn't update or takes a very long time. And no, Alison, it was not the purchasers fault. It is common knowledge amongst "mothers to be" that Babys R Us has issue when it comes to registries. Various people warned me about it before I registered, and I'm now learning first hand. In today's climate, good customer service is key & Babys R Us, needs some help.

• Vi
      3rd of Aug, 2011

DO NOT REGISTER AT BABIES R US!!! I TOO HAVE BEEN HAVING SOOO MANY ISSUES WITH THE ONLINE REGISTRY. People have been getting me duplicates because their registry TAKES FOREVER TO UPDATE!!! The customer service is not great at all!!! When I called to complain they basically told me to deal with it because their registry’s take time to update anywhere from 24 to 48 hrs! ARE YOU KIDDING!?!?!?

28th of Nov, 2011

I just spent 2 hours registering at BRU. I had originally recreated a registry online and then went inside the store to update it. I added probably around 80 items and when I was done, gave the gun back to the woman at the registry desk. She said it was uploading but it was taking forever so I didn't have to wait for the print out. When I checked online 4 days later, none of it was online. When I called my local store, they said they'd have to call their IT dept. Called back and forth several times but that IT was able to find the items and they just needed to sync it or move it over to my registry. Now, when i called to follow up, they are saying none of it is visible and they can't see what I registered for because a "done" button was pushed. No one ever told me not to push something nor did the gun indicate it was pushed. Everything scanned and displayed w/ my registry name was I was scanning. Then the girl said it was successfully uploaded while I was in the store. So why is it now that they can't find anything? My options are to register again online or go to the store. I will not be doing either and am deleting my entire registry and not shopping there anymore. I will be taking my money and my friends/ and family will not be spending their money at the store.

• Ca
      15th of Jan, 2012

I am glad that it isn't just myself and my husband that have had issues with Babies R Us. We have experience the most HORRIBLE customer service every time we have gone to the store. Spent literally 2 hours there yesterday simply trying to purchase ONE item and have it shipped to the store. Got sent from customer service, where we had waited in line for at least 20 minutes already, back to the registry desk where we waited for probably about a half an hour, then up to a register where we stood and waited for a manager to come figure things out and how to scan the order sheet, and were probably up there for another 30 minutes before the manager came over. He couldn't even figure out how to scan and charge us for the item, it ended up being a teenage employee to show the manager how to do it! I should also mention here that I am truly not a complainer normally, (it really takes a lot to get me this upset) and I am currently NINE MONTHS PREGNANT and extremely swollen, uncomfortable and painful. And this was not one isolated incident . . . . . nearly every time we go into the store we end up in a ridiculous situation of traveling from desk to desk to desk dealing with incompetent person after incompetent person. To make matters even worse, after all of this we find out that the item we wanted to order off of our registry (a car seat base) with our "save 15% off items on your registry" was excluded from the coupon and we were unable to save the 15%. Plus, the price I had looked up on the Babies R US website was almost $20 less than in-store. This would not have been a huge issue in itself, but after 2 hours in the store we find this out, and even after politely pointing out to the staff that we had been in there that long there wasn't anything they could do to accommodate us. So I figured I could go home and order the base online, but I am then informed that the $25 in Babies R Us "bucks" or whatever they're called, are good in-store only, where the price is waaaay higher than online. So what did we do? We left the store. I will NEVER shop there again. Their coupons/special offers are all gimmicks, and you never actually save anything. Customer service is shameful. I would be very willing to bet that the employees receive little training, or perhaps the staff is so poorly treated/paid that they never hold on to anyone long enough to have them actually learn their job properly. The staff is not usually rude; they just have NO idea of what they're doing, and the truth is I feel sorry for them!!

It's Buy Buy Baby for us from now on, as have never had a bad experience there.

• Cr
      5th of Feb, 2012

BUYBUYBABY in sandy SUCKS their mangers are a bunch lieing back stabbing idiots .They tell you that you have a full time job but once thier done doing work that they should have used temps to do they tell you to get lost .They dont care that you have a famliy to raise or bills to pay WTF it should them that is out on thier ###! I will never buy the CRAP that sell nor will i ever trust anything that they say print or do the S.O.B.s are a big rip off a waste of time

s.

o.

• Al
      2nd of Aug, 2013

While expecting a child, there comes lot of responsibilities. The majority of work revolves around setting up things post pregnancy. There are a lot of things to manage if you are expecting for a baby. Let our experts help you out in planning the things. In our blog, we are listing preliminary tips that will help you in enjoying your pregnancy and good time with your new born instead of dangling to arrange things.

• Ho
      7th of Dec, 2015

I don't think anyone should buy from Babies R Us...Target...Buy Buy baby...Walmart...they are all heartless soulless corporations who don't give 2 focks if their customers are happy...People should make their own cribs...that way if their baby dies they won't have to go through the corrupt court system fighting these evil corporations

• La
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Babies R Us - Overcharging customers
    California

BEWARE buyers! When Babies R Us marks things down, they do it manually, and if you find something (like a shirt) with one price, you may keep looking & find the SAME thing with a higher price, and the register DOES NOT automatically charge the lowest price. I had 2 sweaters exactly the same- one was $7 and the other was $10. I brought them both to the register and the girl told me the system would give me the one I wanted, which was the $10 one, for the lower price. She rung up everything very quickly, and when I checked my receipt before leaving the store, I saw the register charged me $10! I insisted they check the rest of my purchase with the main scanner- its a small handheld one they have at the customer service desk-and 3 things came up for less than what I paid. They had to reimburse me about $10.00. If I had just gone home, I would never have known.
    I brought it to the managers attention and he shrugged it off, apologized nonchalantly, and basically said there was nothing he could do about it.

• Po
      3rd of Jun, 2016

It's not the responsibility of the retail employees to calm your child. Retail transactions do take an amount of time, and the cashier never has a motivation for making it take any one second longer than it has to. Coupons extend the time the transaction takes, which is part of the "price you pay" for the discount. Again, just an unavoidable fact. Coupons often do not work with in-store deals, which makes perfect sense if you stop to think about it. If you are in a hurry or do not have enough time for the transaction, that's on you.

• Ed
    Babies R Us - Rude employees
    Babies R' Us

I went into Babies R' US to purchase a birthday gift for my neice. When I walked in there was a lady who worked there who looked at me but didn't say anything. I stood there looking all around because I was never in the store before. As I shopped around, there was nobody around except other customers. When I got to the register there was no one there at first. Then the lady walked over and just started ringing up what I was purchasing. There was no customer service or friendliness in the store. I asked the lady to double check a price and she said "That's how much it is because that's what it rang up." I was very disappointed in the store because of the way employees treat their customers.

• Je
    Babies R Us - Horrible service
    Babies R Us

Their exchange policies are no help to parents, their staff are consistently horrible when it comes to service (lazy, un-knowledgeable, don't care) and their 'coupons/discounts' are misleading. In the most recent incident, the manager of the OKC store literally threatened to take my mom out front and beat her after my mom simply asked the woman to talk to the employee who lied to her and told her there were no more boxes of a specific item in the back of the store, when there were. The time before that, I took back an item that I had a receipt for AND was on my registry, but because it was after 60 days, I was stuck with it. The item was for an older baby and was something I got at a shower and I had no way of knowing it wouldn't work for us until after 60 days. Any store that wants to cater to parents of infants and children should have a more lenient policy, especially when the customer has the receipt. I'm so upset that I actually registered at the store and had my friends and family spend money there.

• La
      15th of Jun, 2016

The rewards program cant be trusted. I never received rewards when I called customer service they where un able to reissue my rewards because 2wks had passed since the lost rewards had been issued. And I had at least $50.00 in rewards.

• Je
      15th of Jun, 2016

Not only is there CS suffering online but also inside the store. My wife and i went baby shopping for our first baby (boy) and we spent close to 7k on all the baby items we needed. Now you figure spending that kind of money in one trip would win some great Cs right? WRONG!! We get to the line and we are waiting while the CS rings everything up then she starts to ask questions to my wife whom is deaf. I tell the lady I apologize but my wife is deaf and cannot hear you. The CS lady had the nerve to say well its not polite for her not to respond..so i told the CS lady...HELLO UMM CS lady are you deaf your self or did you not just hear me tell you that she is deaf and doesn't know you are talking to her, or did you infact hear this statement i made but chose to try and humiliate my wife in front all the other people. so i asked the manager and all he had to say was sorry. so i said please cancel my purchase we will shop some place else. then the CS lady said i bet he doesnt even have money for all this... so just to rub it in i pulled out my 10k of 100's with the band still around it saying 10k on it from the bank.. dont have enough? I think not. Lost a customer forever.

• Ro
      15th of Jun, 2016

We received the same type of service from our local Babies R Us. My wife received a gift bought from BRU from a friend that passed away before the our baby was born (her mother delivered the gift, she Friend had Cancer) but because it wasn't on my wife's registry she couldn't return it. BTW, our baby was early so my wife didn't have time to finish her registry. We didn't have a receipt from her Friend or her mother but her friends mother was with her friend when the items was purchased at BRU. The CR person and manager said because we didn't have a receipt and it wasn't on the registry the gift could have be purchased anywhere and thus no return. We have done a far amount of shopping at BRU and even some large purchases but based on the CR we have decided to no longer shop at BRU. Since we have stopped shopping at BRU we have been amazed at how many other places care the same or BETTER products for a better price than BRU.

So I just want to warn everyone make sure you have a gift receipt for all items your friends and family purchase if you think you many not use it or get duplicates.

Also we aware that the 'customer doesn't ever seem to be right at BRU' I am posting this because I have heard this type of story again and again and because I work in CR it just a amazes me that BRU would be willing to lose customers (many spending large amounts of money in their stores) over 20 or 30 dollar item they care, thus could return and will only give store credit for anyway, it's not like people are asking for cash.

Babies R Us - Extremely Poor Customer Service
    2713 S. Oakland Park # 102, Oakland Park, FL 33309
    Oakland Park
    Florida
    Phone: 954-655-3483

I tried numerous times to make a gift purchase for a friend that is expecting a baby boy, totaling $1459.40, not a small order. My order was cancelled twice since Nov 28th, 2007!
    BEWARE of online transactions with this company-you may not have enough time to get the product if you are on a set time frame. I have wasted countless hours on the phone with inadequately trained phone drowns that have no sense of customer service.
    I have been hung up on twice!-Once by the flag ship store.
    I have had two Supervisors say that they would handle the situation, and did not follow through.
    I have worked retail for over ten years and I am an owner of a children’s gym. If I knew that my employees let $1400 walk, I would be furious.
    Take caution when dealing with this “mega-box” store!