AVADirect / 6 Weeks for 2 Sticks of Memory

1 Twinsburg, OH, United States Review updated:

Motherboard failed in 18 months; not covered by Warranty.
Memory failed in 24 months.
Computer has been at AVADirect for six weeks waiting for memory to be replaced. Despite my many protests, they have not returned by computer to me.

Comments

• Av
      10th of Feb, 2010

Hello Hedgewick,

Please allow me to help you with this situation. Understand that depending upon the manufacture of the component the warranty differs. For example if you have an EVGA product they have a 1 Year warranty. This is most likely why your motherboard, which is over 12 months old, isn't covered under warranty.

As for the memory, all warranties are carried out by the original manufacture themselves. It is possible there is an issue with stock on this brand of memory. Since we don't stock any items we sent the product to the manufacture to be replaced. Please contact me personally and I'll look into getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Chris Mundy
    AVADirect
    Director of Technical Support
    216-503-6371

• Li
      2nd of May, 2012

Ever since Chris Mundy left AVA Direct, technical support has gone downhill. I don't know if he left the company on his on or was let go or what but I wish he was back. I have repeated myself to Vedran over and over and it seems nothing gets through to him. I am almost blue in the face from asking the same things over and over and being told the same thing, I cannot get him to return hard question e-mail's because I do not think he is really that knowledgeable about computer problems.

Lil' Jimmy in the Deep South