Audible / online scam
A year ago I received three audiobooks from audible.com. When I received the e-mails informing me of my gifts, I clicked on the "www.audible.com/redeem" link in the e-mail. I was then taken to a log in screen. You have to have an account (complete with credit card number) in order to redeem gifts. After logging in, I was taken to a "are you sure you want to redeem this?" screen. I clicked redeem, and was charged for the audiobook. My credit card was charged as if I went to their website, put a book in my cart, and bought it. I called customer service, and they promptly fixed the problem.
Yesterday, one year later, I get a gift from audible... And the exact same thing happens. I call to get it fixed, and am told that this happens all the time. They obviously know this is a problem, and they do nothing to rectify the situation... Nothing for the last year.
I am irate that I cannot receive a gift from them without strife. I realize that I can copy the redeem code, go to the website, and paste it in the box... But, I shouldn't have to if there is a link in the e-mail. A link that they are happy to leave broken. Shame on me for assuming they care enough for their customers to fix a broken link that charges people for presents that have already been paid for by another person.
I have politely asked the person who gifts me these books to give me an itunes card instead!
More Audible Complaints & Reviews
- Audible - monthly charges on cc $14.95 
- Audible.com - fraud 
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - unauthorized debit charge from audible adbl.co/bill nj 
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - audible books for kindle fire 
- Audible.com - won't let me cancel - keeps billing
- Audible - audible adbl 
- Audible - unauthorized payments from bank account 
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - audible books
- Audible - purchase audible adbl.co/bill nj card7489
- Audible.com - unauthorized credit card charges & unauthorized membership with recurring charges