ATT Yellowpages.com / False advertising

1 CA, United States Review updated:

ATT solicted my company for a website with a banner ad guaranteed to get 60 clicks a month and put me on yellowpages.com and other search engines . After 3 months of trying to get in touch with their web designer, the sales representative, OR the sales representatives manager, none of my phone calls were ever returned, I received a contract and my credit card was billed. I called customer service and they found no record . I sent their information back, registered mail, with a letter stating that their "no service" was cause for my not signing any contract with them. Instead of responding to my letter they put up a banner ad with incorrect information about my business causing me financial harm 4 months after I was solicted and 2 months after they received my cancellation letter. I have called them many times trying to get them to stop advertising my business and they state there is nothing they can do. Customer service is smug and inconsiderate. I have had customer service representative tell me there is nothing they can do because it has been billed to my credit card and I voiced verified the information. I had one representative from the Riverside, CA office hang up on me. If you are thinking about advertising with ATT YELLOWPAGES - STOP NOW - THEY DON'T PERFORM WHAT THEY PROMISE AND THEY TREAT YOU AS THE ENEMY!!

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009

I was called by a representative to place an ad. I was told that I would have a week to cancel if I changed my mind. After a couple of days, I did change my mind (I was shutting down that business), but was told that my representative was not available and that the new rep did not have authorization to cancel. I told them then and there that I would stay on the phone and escalate the call until my cancellation request was honored as advertised. The rep talked to her manager and then said that "I guarantee you that it will be taken care of today". She dropped the ball, and the ad appeared anyway. I was afraid of getting a lot of calls for a non-existent business, but during the whole year, I only got one call - someone looking for a job. I have been fighting one very long legal battle that started when they tried to bill me. In short: DON'T USE AT&T YELLOW PAGES - YOU'LL BE SCREWED, YOUR AD WON'T BE WORTH THE MONEY, AND YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH AN EXTREMELY SLIMY COMPANY.

• Re
      15th of Feb, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Bill he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

• Ye
      16th of Sep, 2010

My name is Mathew Korba. I am the owner of Blue Ribbon Auto Glass Llc in Tacoma, Wa. I too attempted to advertise with the YPConnect program (yellow pages on-line), marketed by AT&T advertising. We are currently seeking businesses and individuals who have not received the services promised by Yellowpages.com Llc as sold by AT&T Advertising Solutions to partipate in a class action suite. The purpose of the suite is to recover financial losses incurred by mis-leading sales tactics and Yellowpages.com Llc's inability to deliver it's product as advertised. You are encouraged to participate.
    Please cal (253) 250-7262 or email BlueRibbonGlass@comcast.net for more information

• Ye
      1st of Feb, 2011

I want to thank all the wonderful individuals who have taken their time to respond to our comment/complaint. and, apologize to those whom we have not returned contact. Your response (needless to say) has been over whelming. AT&T-Yellowpages.com and Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc. have mutually agreed to terminate the contract and we have received a full refund. This does not excuse AT&T's misrepresentation of their product or unconscionable behavior. Nor does this make-up for our total financial losses. However, at this time we are not pursuing our law suite.

If I could pass on what this experience has shown me, I would say to, "Not go quietly into the night" let your voice be heard. File your complaint with as many organizations outside of AT&T's control as possible. The BBB, Federal Trade commission, State Attorney Generals Office etc... If you are paying with a credit/debit card, STOP PAYMENT NOW! And dispute the charges with your card company (AT&T must prove their charges are valid to the card company and are not allowed to contact the person or business disputing the charges about the amount disputed until it is settled). If the do so, file a complaint with your card company (Visa/MC/AMEX/DC) not your bank. If you have been sent to "collections", dispute the validity of the original bill. Make AT&T prove they provided the service. Your "contract" is for "clicks" not calls. AT&T must show a preponderance of proof that your "clicks" are in accordance with your specific contract. The plain and simple truth is they can not. Finally, USE the experience and advice given on the complaint board. It is a great resource!

Mathew Korba
    Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc.

• Fi
      31st of Mar, 2011

The GSM does have the authority to cancel the contract but it would go against his commissions. I used to work for the company and its a very fraudulent company.