AT&T U - Verse / extremely poor customer service

Think twice before ordering at&t u-verse!
I bought an hdtv in11/2008 and decided to order at&t u-verse. I already had at&t dsl, so I was going with the cable/internet/digital voice bundle. I was scheduled for installation on 12/19/2008. They callled to cancel and reschedule because it was snowing outside. Ok, fine, no problem. So, they reschedule for 1/9/2008 between noon and 3pm. 3 o'clock comes and goes with no sign of at&t and no cancellation phone calls. At 4 o'clock I decided to call at&t and they told me that I didn't have an appointment scheduled. I guess that the phone call on 12/19 was all my imagination. So, after about an hour on the phone with the "customer service" rep, I am rescheduled for the very next tuesday between noon and 3pm. However, they cannot install the digital phone until that friday. Whatever! I agree. On tuesday, 1/13 I had the cable installed and it worked fine. I had all of the channels and the hd looked great. So it worked for about a week. I get up the following monday, and guess what, no hd! I immediately call at&t "tech support." he asks what the issue is and than reads the standard "we're very sorry that this happened... Yada yada yada." he tells me that he cannot figure out what the issue is and has to send a technician to my house. Well, I guess I sounded angry enough that I was able to get a technician out the very next day (Between 3pm and 6pm). The technician shows up around 6pm and asks me if I ordered hd and if I am paying the extra $10 a month hd fee. I replied in the positive and he immediately made a phone call, reset my receiver and, bam, I have hd again. Oops, I forgot about the digital voice that was to be installed the previous friday. Ok, they were supposed to show up between noon and 3pm to install the digital voice. Again, no call and no show. If I were to do this at my job, I would be fired. So, I call the useless "customer service" reps and get the usual we're sorry mumbo jumbo. Apparently, the appointment was made but the local dispatcher messed something up. Than, the rep proceeds to tell me that she needs to investigate and cannot make an appointment until the following monday. She told me that she or someone would call me to set an appointment up. Well, what a surprise, they never called. So, I decided, forget it, i'm gonna get the smallest phone package that at&t provides (Not digital) and add minutes to my cell phone and use it as my primary phone. Btw, I didn't bother calling them to ask what happened. I figures that it just wouldn't be worth it. Wouldn't you know it, a couple of weeks later, on a friday (I forget the date) my cell phone rings while i'm at work. I answer and it is an at&t technician telling me that he is at my house because I have an appointment to have at&t u-voice installed. I laughed and told him that I did not place an order and to cancel. I actually laughed because I was able to no call and no show them. I'm almost finished so please bear with me. Everything is going well for a couple of months and on saturday, 3/14/2009, i'm watching tv and it keeps freezing up every 2 to 5 minutes. Also, while surfing the internet, error keep appearing that there is a problem with my internet connection. The errors clear after a couple of minutes but would appear again a few minutes later. I reset the hd receiver and the picture would still freeze every 2 to 5 minutes. I reset the router and this also did not fix the issue. So I called at&t support and they checked my line remotely and found an issue. They said they could send a technician out the next day between noon and 4pm. I accept. Well, the next day, I receive a call from an at&t rep around 3:40pm stating that the technician is running late and that he or another technician will be there after 4pm. Well, 4 o'clock comes and goes. At 6pm, I asked my wife to call, because I was too irate. Guess what, they are not coming and weren't even going to call. After my wife ranted and raved, they said they will be out on monday between 4pm and 6pm. This is where I stand right now. When I decided to switch from satellite to u-verse, I thought I was getting a great deal for the price. What a mistake!! If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with satellite. Actually, I will probably go back to satellite because this is just way to ridiculous. If you have good service with your current cable provider, stick with them.

A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree, AT&T U-verse should not even try to compete with comcast or any onther TV services. Their servces sucks, they do not even know how to repair or troubleshoot their own hardware. They have left a 72 year old lady without a phone line after switching over to AT&T Uverse. She can not make or recieve any calls. If her house was to catch on FIRE AT&T would be a fault since they are not willing to fix their equipment. They should be hung and should not even try to compete with Comcast or satelite TV. They Suck...
A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
100% agree
A  10th of Oct, 2010 by
I am fed up wsith your customer service. I hVE BEEN HAVING trouble fpr weeks and I keep getting a run around and no one has the ability to do the right thing but they sure can lie .I guess I will be looking into getting someone else
N  17th of Dec, 2010 by
[censor] happens
N  20th of Jan, 2011 by
I have tried for over a month to resolve a charge that they made to my bill that I did not authorize. When I first called them about it over a month ago, I was told that they would take it off my bill. I called back last week and they told me that they would now only deduct the labor part, but would charge me for the P-card. When the technician came to my home, he came for another reason not related and while he was there told my son that he "gave him" a P-card...never mentioned anything to me about a charge and left. Now U-verse tells me that they will charge me for this because it is a valid charge. They even read to me in their records that the technician that came to my home said that he "gave me" the P-card. How clear does it have to be? I am canceling my service with them...b/c they refuse now to take this off my bill after I was told the first time I called that it was a miscommunication and they would take it off as a one time thing. I have called a total of three times now and never get this resolved. Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with an executive at that company to let them know of the way they lie to their customers.
N  2nd of Aug, 2012 by
u-verse tv and internet are scams I had high speed internet with at&t for only 19.95 per month, then I order the u-verse tv service and they tell me I have to get my internet along with the u-verse sewrvice. ok so they say it's 19.95, but it's only for the internet pro service, which is their slowest. plus I have to pay $6.00 per month for the modem rental, even tho it's the same one as for the u-verse tv. Plus all sorts of access fees. Now my service has jumped to $38.00 plus the $6.00, which means I am now paying $44 for the lowest internet service they offer. I started out trying to pay approx. $100 for cable tv and internet, I pay nearly $200 plus my att home phone which is seperate runs close to $50. This is ridiculas! We are being robbed by these people. I am going to go to some other service!

AT&T Logo AT&T