AT&T DSL / customer service

1 MI, United States Review updated:

***** STAY AWAY FROM AT&T DSL, The customer service is completely useless *****
I've just got of the phone with DSL customer service for the 8th time in 5 weeks (over 8 hours, with over 6 hours just on hold). After trying to get DSL installed, and finally (after 4 weeks) getting a DSL signal, I could not do the final log in (Error: ATM Link not found).

AT&T then installed, de-installed, re-installed, and de-installed my service. Then without notice cancelled the service. After I called this last time, they state DSL is not available (even though the DSL modem indicated I had a 4MB download speed, and a 640K upload speed).

The call in customer service for DSL is worthless. Average wait time to get to the first customer service rep if 5-10 minutes, then if you need to talk to Tech Support (normally always) the average wait time is 40-50 minutes. Even when you get through, they can't solve anything, and will just transfer you back to the main customer service line, or leave you on hold forever.

My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM AT&T DSL AT ALL COSTS (unless you like being on customer support forever!).

Hi

Comments

• Le
      25th of May, 2011

Contacted AT&T today about service interruption. The customer support rep told me that I would need to pay the past due balance was $76 and then they would be able to restore services. After going and making an $80 deposit I called them back on the direct line to the department that the rep works. I was then advised that they could not restore services for the $76, instead I would need to pay $135. Come on AT&T! I know that you are a large company and it is hard for everyone to get on the same page but where is the line drawn? When do you hold your reps accountable for what they advise customers? Valued customer? That is definitely not what I felt like today. Instead I felt like someone you guys could do with or without. I guess that is the truth of it. After all I'm just one account of many, right?

• Fl
      4th of Jun, 2011

Get ready to receive a bill in the mail. I went through 3 phone numbers to try and get a DSL installed at my house and it took 7 weeks. Each time they gave me a number they said there was a problem and they would close out the account and start a new one. Now I keep getting bills for the other 2 lines that never worked and can not get anyone to help me. It was such a horrible experience and now to add insuld to injury they are billing me for something I never got and when I call and try to talk to someone they tell me my service will be turned off if I do not pay the bills that are in error.