AT&T / their customer service is terrible and supervisor william brown is such a liar
I ordered my AT&T internet service via White Fence which is associated with AT&T. I even received a phone call to confirm my order few days before the installation day.
On the installation day, I found out my order was canceled by AT&T for some reason.
I called AT&T to find out the problem. they told me my order NEVER come through via White Fence.
So, I have to re-order/schedule for the service. later that day, i had Qs about my new account and customer REP told me that they dont have my new order!!
First REP transferred my call to a different dept to get more details on my issue but nobody could find out the issue. I needed to call them back the following day since their business hour was over due to a LONG holding time on the phone. it took nearly few hours to deal with this issue this day.
The next day, i requested to talk to a supervisor to start with and she put me on hold for nearly a hour but said she couldn't still reach him/her. THEN seems like she didn't know what she was doing and kept saying "i'm just following an instruction" everytime I asked her something. she even asked my name and address twice in 5min!! In the middle of our conversation, she said "oh sorry someone was talking to me at the same time" and the person turned out to be her supervisor, William Brown ID# WB4941!! YET he refused to take my call..
Yes, she was lying in the first place she couldnt get hold on the supervisor. THEN she was like a robot and told me what exactly her supervisor told her to say to get rid of me!! now i feel like the 1hr of waiting on supervisor was just something what they do to a customer to get rid of her/him!!
Well, when I pointed out that she was on the other line with her supervisor and he finally took my phone!
He told me that their system was down that's why no one couldnt get into my account. but he told me to do his best taking care of my issue. EVEN told me to install my service that day! he promised to call me back when the system was up.
Few hours later, his assistant called me and told me that they finally could verified my account and already installed the internet service at the same time! When i got back home, I found out the internet was NOT yet installed but STILL needed to wait another week!!
then I came back to the first place to explain everything from scratch to a new REP. I requested to talk to Supervisor BROWN and she told me that it's impossible to talk to the same person since AT&T customer center is located everywhere in nation (maybe worldwide) THOUGH i had his name and ID #...
again, i felt being cheated.. he gave me his name and ID# because it won't do anything since I can't track him down by his name or ID#!!
Well, what I found about AT&T customer service through my issue;
1. you need to wait at least 15min to reach an actual REP
2. the REP transfers to other dept to deal with issues
3. Again it takes another 15-20.. sometimes 30min to reach to other party.
4. you have to explain your issue once again and get the exact answer you already have
5. if you request a supervisor, they put on hold like 1hr but yet supervisor wont' take a call. OR REP will transfer to a different dept to get away from you
6. if you're lucky to talk to the supervisor, he would tell you all kind of ways to apology your issue. but it turned out he is JUST saying and doesn't mean to.. even he promise to take care of your issue, it wont' happen!
7. when you want to file your complain via AT&T website, there is NO way to find their email add or any contact # where you can a file complain.
8. if you call them back again, you will start the same process as above again!
I NEVER had any problem with AT&T until this time and NEVER had any issues with a customer case like this!!
More AT&T Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - uverse installation
- AT&T - at&t sold me 50 mb fiber, but my address only has 25 mb and no fiber 
- AT&T - bad modem
- AT&T - phone line
- AT&T - direct tv