AT&T / broken promises

I ported phone service to Vonage. On 1/10/09, I called to order a dryloop for this. I was promised by order taker that it would be active by 1/15, and it would be seemless.
All service ends on 1/14, AT&T support tells me loop will be active on 1/15. I have the chat saved as a Word document. On 1/15, I call to get status. Two AT&T folks tell me it is going to be 1/19 according to their records. It seems that this is written in stone, and no one can expedite it.
Result= Two broken promises, and unwilling to take corrective action for good customer service.

N  15th of Jan, 2009 by

AT&T - Customer Service Reps do not know their product nor how to direct complaints
Phone: 770/399-6425

I decided to bundle with AT&T. First customer service person kept me on the phone for an hour. She must have been new because she kept putting me on hold. Then I spoke to someone who said she was a supervisor and I had to repeat all the information I had given to the lst person over. I wanted to keep my home phone number as it had been an AT&T number before and she said they could not transport that # but told me there would be a recording saying "the number had been changed & the new # was ..." I called each day to hear the recording & there was nothing giving my new number. I called 4 more days and was told the same thing that "the recording would be on there by midnight that day". Didn't happen!! I spoke to another customer service rep who told me on the 5th day that they couldn't do that because that # belonged to Comcast. I am looking for a job and that phone # was on my resumes so if anyone called me I was out of luck!! Then I called to check the status of my rewards as I had bundled and changed from Concast my home phone, DSL and cell phone. They had no record and told me I would have to go on line & print a form and fill it out along with a bill from Comcast. None of the other reps had said one word about me having to do any of this. I asked for a phone # to speak to someone and the 1st girl gave me a phone # which when I diealed it the recording said it couldn't be reached from my area; I called back and the 2nd person gave me a # that I reached a fax machine!!
It is very obvious to me that no one is properly trained no matter who you talk to. I deeply regret now that I changed. I cannot believe that AT&T has such lousy customer service and I would like for someone to contact me ASAP
A  11th of Jun, 2009 by
I would report them to the BBB. Namely poor business practices. I had the same thing happen. I have spent countless hours on the phone since April. I am suggesting people dump At&t and go with another company. This is a very corrupt and unethical company.
A  28th of Aug, 2009 by
AT&T doesn’t allow the consumer a paper trail to show proof of anything. It’s left to a “consumer said, AT&T said… With no proof, AT&T knows they will win most of the time. This is why you will notice that they can add other things to your bill that you didn’t order to jack up the cost and add money to AT&T coffers.

You can never speak to the same representative that supposedly fixed the problem. You always have to start over with a new representative. I believe this is a tactic use by AT&T to wear the consumer down so that he or she won’t fight anymore with AT&T and just except the problem and sometimes pay the larger bill.

You will never receive confirmation of a problem/issue in detail being worked on nor exactly what was to be fixed in detail or that it was resolved via an email, mail, etc. Therefore that leaves you without proof. I had received a reference number but I’ve found out later that they change some of the information on it from time to time. It’s all computer driven leaving you (the consumer) with a leg to stand on when trying to get them to admit to ANYTHING! It’s rigged from the start!

I would love to take AT&T to court, but I don’t have anything in writing from what I agreed to when first starting up my service with AT&T. I’ve seen enough court shows to indicate that if you don’t have anything in writing, you WILL lose your case. Once again, AT&T wins (though deception) and the consumer loses…

The best way to kill a snake is to cut off the head. AT&T’s head is MONEY… Therefore, it’s up to us to go to cable, satellite, etc services anything AT&T doesn’t have its greedy hands in. There are a lot of services out there to replace AT&T. I’ve change services and it’s been great! No more problems :)

AT&T Logo AT&T