Assurant Health / Beware
This company does not send me a bill even though I have not signed a statement saying it is ok not to do so. They did not notify me when they could not process a premium payment, and waited a couple days to write up a letter and send it to me in order to make sure my policy and grace period had both lapsed by the time it arrived. Since I had no notification of a problem there was no way to avoid it's lapse. After speaking to a representative who claimed she filed new credit card information and waived the "reinstatment fee" (they did this because I am also an insurance producer and called them out on this crap) I call again a couple days later to recheck on the account. They then informed me that they were "unable" to process the credit card (I called my bank, it works just fine) and gave me less than 2 hours to call back to try to reinstate the policy again. They also suggested I call my agent who was conveniently out of town. Overall this is disgusting and fraudulent conduct. If I as a member of the same industry cannot work out these issues with Assurant Health I do not see how a normal person with no knowledge of the insurance laws could possibly accomplish anything. And on a professional note it is this type of behavior that not only tarnishes the name of other insurance companies but makes me ashamed to be associated with these people.
More Assurant Health Complaints & Reviews
- IQ Data International / RentCollect - Harassment 
- Assurant Specialty Property - No service only lip service 
- Assurant Solutions - Awful experience 
- First Extended Service Corporation - Bogus company 
- Assurant Health - Fraudsters and cheaters 
- RentCollect Global - debt collection
- RentCollect Global - rude representatives!!!
- Assurant Solutions - product registration home appliances
- RentCollect Global - unethical behaviour
- Assurant Solutions - failure to honor 2 year 360 warranty with accidental damage