Associated Bank / Overdraft Fees

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Last week I had a rebate form that needed to be deposited to my bank. Being as I work right next door I knew that I would be able to deposit the check. I wrote down the deposit and went to work. I didn't have time to stop on my lunch break so I went to deposit it after work in the ATM. Little did I know that they don't have envelopes at the ATMs for deposits. Which I have found out that you have to go into the bank to get the envelopes. It does me a lot of good to have to go into the bank to get the envelopes when if I was going in I probably wouldn't be going to the ATM. So I put my check in my purse and go on my way. The weekend comes and I use my card a few times forgetting all together that I have the check still. Monday I used the card 3 times. Monday everything from the weekend goes through. To my surprise I have 9 overdraft fees which are $35 each. But then I get this notice that the 3 items were presented to the bank and I had money in the bank, just not enough because the check is still in my car. How in the world can I have over-drafted those other 6 items if I had money in the bank when these items were presented to the bank. It doesn't say that I had this much and these 9 items were presented.

Comments