Associated Bank / Unfair nsf fees

These folks are tricky! They claim 'overnight' processing, and process a load of debits and credits the same day to my account. So, my direct deposit goes in the same day as debits go in. But they charge me an NSF fee. Why?

Their explanation is that the debits were 'there' first in the overnight processing.

Way to make a buck!

Sm

Comments

• Ti
      15th of Aug, 2009

Associated Bank posts debits from largest to smallest on a certain day. So, if you had $200 in your account on Monday, and you spent $5, $15, $25, $40, $10, and $175 on Tuesday in that order, the bank would post the items at the end of the day in order from largest to smallest. $175, $40, $25, $15, $10, and $5. Then, they assess NSFs based on that so you would get charged for 3 NSFs instead of 1.

WHAT A RIPOFF!!!

• Wi
      20th of Aug, 2009

File a Complaint withg the Better business Burea bbb.org I believe.Thjey did this to my daughter and whenthey recewived the complaint from bbb they refunded Every Cent to her!

• Wi
      20th of Aug, 2009

Wow guess i should have spell checked first :-)

• Si
      15th of Oct, 2009

We all need to go further to straighten out their act. I am told that the banking commission has no authority, but the currency exchange office in Texas does have authority. I will find their address. I heard from other people too, same stuff. I still can't believe how they handled this-not wanting to look at the paperwork proof, talk about the incident, and calling the cops to "take me out" Her name was Laura who made the call. have been told by others, she has a very dark personality. The officers were nice, understood the situation we had. The bank made a very bad fool of themselves showing customers what they did-by what we discussed, right in front of the customers. Laura sure is not meant to be dealing with people in customer service. Maybe a prison.