Aspen Dental, Tarentum PA / thieves and liars

1 PITTSBURGH MILLS BLVDTarentum, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 724-275-7775

This place is full of liars and theives. The manage, kim sullivan, is full of bs and is very, very rude. These people took $2500.00 up-front (Don't ever pay these people up-front) for dental work and dentures. Well guys, this is 1 year later, I have no teeth and the dentures they made were for a horse.. I can't get a refund and I can't get a good set of dentures. Wish I would have known about this place sooner, I would have avoided this place. Please do not enter this place, I bet of you, go elsewhere... Never did they help me find my smile. They found my pockets, took my money, and left me toothless... Bad, bad place...

Ir

Comments

• Va
      26th of Sep, 2008

I went to Aspen today as a new patient for a cleaning. I take very good care of my teeth. I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months. In the last few years, I had braces placed on my teeth. Per my former dentists, my teeth and gums are healthy and gorgeous. I go there today and get these painful x-rays. The bottom of my mouth is sore and raw from the x-ray appliances digging in there and they have some digital x-ray system, where you have to push the button everytime they leave the room. Well, when you are in agony from those appliances digging in your mouth, the last thing you want to remember is to push some stupid button! I'm the cutsomer here--why do I have to work so hard, especially when I am in pain? Anyhow, I get the x-rays, the hygenist and doc comes in. I just saw a dentist 6 months ago, and all my teeth were healthy. Now this doc states I have "4 brown spots that need to be shaved and fillings put in" (even though he didn't say it was a cavity, just a little brown spot) and this hygenist starts talking all this craziness about your gums have infection, etc... WHAT? You are saying my gums are infected? She then says they are not really infected, but just have bacteria on them that needs cleaned out. Okay. Whatever. Then she tells me I need this special cleaning that costs WAY more than my insurance would pay. This is the part that makes me mad---the ### finanical guy gives me the bil minus insurance 780 dollars! Wait a minute--my teeth and gums are healthy, I just had a cleaning 6 months ago--What the hell! I told him I just wanted a regular cleaning and he said, "why even bother--you would be wasting your time if you don't get the special cleaning and you can say goodbye to your teeth" WHAT THE HELL kind of business is this, that they are using scare tactics to get people to get dental treatments. I refused service completely and told him I would talk to my insurance about it. I could tell that made him mad, he barely even said goodbye to me. What the hell is going on with the dental industry? They act like sleazy car salesmen!!! I will never go to Aspen Dental again. Pretty offices, but terrible procedures.

• Ca
      5th of Feb, 2009

I totaly agree with the two previous reviewers. Today, I visited the office on McKnight Rd., where I received the same kind of "advice" from the dentist. I was told that I had three silver fillings that need to be replaced, a root canal (which is in fine shape and has never caused a second of pain) that needed to be capped, and the beginnings of gum disease. Then, the office manager very sweetly produced their estimate for treatment of my "problems:" $1800!!! I was really stunned and angry when I realized that this also included teeth whitening, a servce which the dentist never even bothered to discuss with me. And, oh, it did not include the one thing the dentist told me I need that I actually believed: a root canal on a tooth that lost a filling a few months ago. For that, I was referred to a specialist - it seems all that Aspen dental knows how to do is sell, sell, sell.

• Dr
      10th of Apr, 2009

If your story is true, I suggest you should go to correct forum, The Pennsylvania State Dental Board with a written complaint including dates of service amount paid and what work (if any) has been done and what is remaining.

• To
      2nd of May, 2009

Going through the same BS @ McKnight Road location

• To
      29th of May, 2009

15 visits later and Aspen Dental is still horrible-now I have to start paying a 4, 000+ bill-wht a rip off-love those commercials-NOT!!!
    Called the Aspen Patient Satisfaction Hotline and they said the never received my email-ya think SCAM? What a friggin' rip off they are.
    'snuf said!

• Ta
      30th of May, 2013

totally agree with all of the above - I went in for my ''free exam and x-ray - even took my coupon. Well according to them, I have $4, 000 + in work to be done. they quickly signed me up for the 'payment plan' which is exactly what is mentioned above - a credit card. Reluctantly, I agreed and chose the plan. Two days after my appointment, I called my insurance provider to see if I could get a second opinion. Thinking the Aspen exam was free - I could go elsewhere, no charge. WRONG...they billed my insurance. I was so angry I decided not to have any work done there at all. I called to cancel my 2 upcoming appointments - the girl said she would take them out. The day of my appointment I received an automated call confirming the appt. I called the office and the girl I spoke with said "Yes, she said you called to cancel, but she was not taking your appointments out" WTF??? are they really that desperate for money they would intentially not remove an appointment just to be able to charge for it?????
    I also called the care credit to close my account as I was not going to proceed with Aspen Dental. I could not close the account because Aspen not only already charged for ALL of the services but also collected the money. It's only been 5 days and I wouldn't have even had my first appt for another week!!! This is BS! I called Aspen to question their free coupon and also to reverse the charges. She told me that the coupon is only for people without insurance!!! NO WHERE on my coupon does it say that. She also added they would reverse the charges but it will take time and I will most likely have to make a payment or two in the meantime if I want to keep my good credit!!! I am furious!!! This is exactly why I do not go to doctors, dentists, or any health professional - they are all liars and scammers out for the almighty dollar!!! And now thanks to Obamacare it's all going to get worse!!!

• Ge
      31st of May, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 053113_cb_tazzz24**

We would like to look into this. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,