Aspen Dental / unecessary work done

1 Haverhill, MA, United States Review updated:

I went to Aspen dental to have a tooth put back on my partial denture as it had broken off.Having looked it over I thought that super glue might fix it as it was a very clean break. When i got to the office they said " I needed X rays of my mouth". I said that I had recently had a full set of X-rays of my mouth done.As work on a repair to a partial plate has nothing to do with X-rays I said i did not want them done just to repair the plate. The assistant or whoever she was said "It is a State law-you have to have them done. So far i can find no such law or anything that even sounds like that!! And then it was $139.oo to glue the tooth back on!!!I guess I paid for useless X-rays on top of the repair!!

Comments

• Al
      13th of Dec, 2010

Peter, thank you for making us aware of your experience. I am sending this information to one of the Patient Satisfaction Agents, who will contact you to follow up. Alternately, you can reach the Patient Satisfaction team at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendent.com
    Thanks again,
    Allie

• Mo
      21st of Jan, 2011

Anytime you have a break on a partial or denture, please don't superglue anything. The lab techs at Aspen always laugh at patients that do this.

The reason for the xrays is they want you to buy a new partial. Remember, it's all about the money. If the partial can be repaired there is a coupon for $29.00 but you will have to ask for it. It's not much money and that a good thing because in my opinion most of the repair work is terrible anyway.

How's that patient satisfaction working out for you? Probably about as well as the repair.

Good Luck.