Aspen Dental / what a joke of a con job

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I went to Aspen Dental for a cleaning. They claimed to be giving free xrays and exam.
When I saw the dentist, she claimed I needed 10 (ten) crowns at $900 per crown. Also, I needed new upper and lower partial dentures, and scaling procedures. I asked if I had any cavities and the dentist replied "I don't see any cavities". I explained that nothing was wrong with my current upper and lower partials. She replied, "they are too old after eight years." I asked what was wrong with the four crowns I already had. She replied, "they have to go". She said my "gums bled" when she examined me. When flossing or brushing, I've never had bleeding. Then I was escorted to the financial person to apply for a loan. What a joke!!! All I can say is: they prey on gray haired women...DON'T GO THERE, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I hope I escaped by not making another appointment and I did not fill out application for loan. Somehow, I have a feeling they are going to try to get money for xrays, and con job exam that is advertised as free.

Comments

• Al
      15th of Feb, 2010

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. We at Aspen Dental really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and we’d like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendent.com. The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).