Aspen Dental / inappropriate dentist!
I took my 16 year old son for a crown placement on 3/27/08. The first crown the doctor, Sophia Rodrigues, broke while trying to place it over my son's tooth. They tried to repair it for two hours, without coming to the waiting area to tell me what was going on. Needless to say, I was upset, but I was not rude or disrespectful. On 5/15/08 during the second attempt with a new metal crown, Dr. Rodrigues complained to my son about me being upset during the last visit and made my son extremely uncomfortable as he has been raised not to talk with adults about other adults, especially not his own parents. The next day, I telephoned Dr. Rodrigues to tell her in the future should she have any complaints or concerns about me she should speak to me directly and not talk to my minor child. The doctor was incredibly defensive, snotty, and denied she said anything to my son. She also called me "unprofessional" (I don't know why she called me this as I was calling as a concerned parent not as a "professional").
Since my husband pays a lot in dental insurance, not to mention the out-of-pocket expenses we incurred, I will be complaining to CEO /President Robert Fontana. Not only will I never go there again, I will not bring my other children and I will tell my friends, family (hell even my enemies!) not to frequent Aspen Dental. Oh, since the second crown was made from the cheaper metal, we are due a refund from Aspen Dental. I anticipate a long drawn out battle to get this money as when I brought up the refund to the receptionist, she told me it would be better to just use it towards other dental services at Aspen. Yeah right.
In all my life, I have never encountered a dentist as rude, defensive and unprofessional as Dr. Rodrigues. According to my dental insurance website, she graduated from dental school in 2005. Perhaps she was absent the day they taught how to interact with children patients, and how to speak with their parents. NEVER AGAIN!
More Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Aspen Dental - unsatisfactory work 
- Aspen Dental - class action lawsuit against aspen dental 
- Aspen Dental - aspen dental practice! 
- Aspen Dental - be weary and do your research! 
- Aspen Dental - charging us for services covered by insurance 
- Aspen Dental Management - Dental and office management.
- Aspen Dental Management - Bad treatment services and personnel!!
- Aspen Dental Management - double billed! assault!!
- Aspen Dental Management - insurance coverage
- Aspen Dental Management - service and professionalism lack of