Ashley Furniture / unethical service!
We own a new home that has been caught in the downward spiral of the housing bust! To help recoup some of our expenses, we decided to rent it furnished for Super Bowl week. Rents in our area, close to the stadium, were going for 10-15 thousand for the week... furnished!
Ashley Furniture knew exactly what we were doing and also what our time frame was. We purchased an entire home of furniture on October 19, 2007 and given a delivery date of November 24, 2007, not an approximate date! It was a confirmed date that would include a penalty of $39.99 to reschedule. At NO time were we advised that our furniture was 'custom' made and could take longer to arrive.
We could not take pictures for the internet until all furniture was in place. that was about 3 weeks prior to Super Bowl. By then, most visitors already had their reservations made. We were stuck with a fully furnished vacant home. Our 'tentative' new renters have agreed to leave the furniture in the home even though they DO NOT want it. They must now store their things and we will have 'used' furniture at the end of the lease.
We feel deceived by Ashley Furniture in many ways. They are not ethical.
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - bed
- Ashley Furniture Industries - recliner chairs
- Ashley Furniture Industries - living room 3 piece couches
- Ashley Furniture Industries - failing to receive the recliner I bought more than 2 months ago! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - customer service and delivery