Ashley Furniture / living room furniture

We had been looking for furniture for months and had absolutely fell in love with a particular living room set from Ashley Furniture. On March 1st, 2008, we went to Ashley Furniture on Rockford, Illinois and picked out what we wanted. We decided to do a 90-Day same as cash through RAC and we were very pleased at that point. We were given a delivery date for the end of March, 2008. I received a phone call from Ashley's customer service on a Saturday, a week before delivery, to confirm the delivery date. That following Wednesday, I received another call from Ashley's customer service stating that my delivery was being cancelled due to a backorder on my chase lounge and that it would be an additional week. Not a problem. Then, the following Wednesday, I received another phone call post-poning my delivery AGAIN for the same reason! Finally, I received a confirmation phone call on Thursday (the very next day), saying that they would be out to deliver my furniture on Monday. Since I had to work and my husband was out of town, I had my sister here to meet the delivery men. After they were here for about 45 minutes, I received a phone call from my sister saying that they brought my 2 couches, my 2 endtables and my coffee table, but no chase lounge!!! I told her to keep the delivery guys at my house until I called back. I called Ashley's customer service and asked what was going on. I was told that they realized that morning that the chase lounge still wasn't in, and that they would have to schedule a seperate delivery date. To top it all off, I was told that I would have to pay for the additional delivery. So, I told them I was sending the delivery men back with all of the furniture and that I wanted my money back. I then called my sister and told her to make them put the furniture back in the truck and take it back. About 5 minutes later, I received a phone call from Ashley stating that they would waive my fee for the next delivery if I kept the furniture. JEEZ...THANKS!!! Needless to say, I had to wait another month for my chase lounge. Finally, I had all my furniture! Unfortunately, the aggravation was not over. After 6 months, we switched our couches around since we were mainly using only one at a time. After about a month, we started noticing nuts and bolts on the floor underneath the bottom of our recliner. Then, the stuffing started riding up from the footrest into the cushion. For 5 months, I was getting the runaround, over the phone and in the store. Ashley was putting the blame on RAC and RAC was putting the blame on Ashley. Bottom line is that there is a one year manufacturers warranty with Ashley on their furniture. I was finally told by the Rockford store location that my furniture was under warranty for 1 year from the delivery date and that I needed to call the customer service line to set up a date and time for someone to come out and look at my furniture. I called customer service and was told that they will not do anything for me! Here we go again...I then decided to go through the store again and to no surprise, I was given the runaround. Finally, I was told that my warranty was only good from the date I came into the store and purchased the furniture...NOT from the delivery date! It seems as if they did everything they could to not have to come out here and would not give me a straight answer until it was too late for me to do anything about it. I now have to pay out of pocket to have this recliner fixed. I will be contacting the BBB as well as WTVO17 news to get the word out there that Ashley is NOT the way to go. I would hate to see someone else go through what we went through. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM ASHLEY AGAIN! I'd rather sit on a cardboard box.

A  11th of Sep, 2015 by
I was not Happy with my purchase..they did not deliver when promised and acted like "to bad" when I confronted them. I live 2 blocks from the store and they took it 5 miles to a warehouse and now can not deliver on time because they are too busy.
They wont be busy with my purchaes in the future!!!

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries