Ashley Furniture / peeling leather sectional

1 Carle Place, NY, United States Review updated:

I bought a leather sectional at Ashley Furniture Homestore at Carle Place, NY in April, 2008 along with a 5 year protection plan for peace of mind. Two years later, leather is peeling on sectional. I contacted the protection plan company and peeling leather is not covered in plan because according to them it's not an accidental damage but a malfunction damage. I contacted the store and they can not do anything for me because my 1 year warranty is over. Now i am stuck with a $3000 peeling leather sectional that is not worth two bucks. I feel that Ashley furniture did not take responsibility for their poor quality furniture I paid for. Leather should not be peeling, and more so after just 2 years of use. I will never purchase anything else from Ashley because they did not stand by their saying in the contact that states they sell qualify furniture for the price. I emailed them my complaint weeks ago and no one has gotten back to me. Not surprised.

Comments

• Rp
      29th of Sep, 2012

I have a Superstyle leather sofa purchased from Island Furniture in St. John's NL, Canada. It was sold to us as 100% high quality leather piece - cost over $3000. Within 8 months the "leather" started to peel in areas where any movement happened, even down between the cushions. Similar replies to other posts re warranties and service. My advice is to ensure that if you buy leather furniture do not buy it unless the guarantee specifically covers peeling of the surface color. The repair jobs they do are only to get THEM to the end of the warranty period. This sofa was manufactured in Ontario, Canada. This seem like a problem in many places and only if we the consumer insist on this will it change. Don't but it without a non peeling waranty.