Ashley Furniture / awful company with awful workers
I am SO disappointed with this company. I'm living in my first apartment right now, and was really excited to find cute, inexpensive furniture by Ashley. I purchased a loveseat, sofa, ottoman, and chair, however when I received the chair both of it's arms were extremely loose.
I purchased the furniture in April 2008, and made a complaint to the company shortly thereafter. They sent a technician to my apartment, who agreed that the chair had been damaged in transit, and said Ashley would replace it. A few weeks later I received a letter from Ashley stating that their tech found no evidence that the damage was their fault, etc. etc. Long story short, I paid $500 for a broken chair and they weren't going to do anything for me.
I followed up with a couple complaint letters, and finally was informed this month (Oct 2008) that they would replace my chair, nearly 6 months after I received it. However, they are forcing me to either pick it up at a location 100 miles away (I live in a city and do not own a car), or have it delivered for $125. I find it ridiculous and unprofessional that they provided a BROKEN product, and that I've ended up spending $625 on, only to receive a usable product 6 months after purchase.
Their employees are not very professional either - they don't sign letters with their last names, and one of them claimed to enclose Ashley's warranty policy in a piece of written communication when there was nothing additional in the envelope. They are very difficult to reach by phone, providing wrong extensions and what not.
The furniture that was delivered undamaged has since sagged a great deal in the 6 months since I've owned it, and that's with minimal use.
I highly discourage anyone from dealing with Ashley furniture unless you're buying a gift for someone you hate. They suck, and should go out of business.
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - power leather sofas
- Ashley Furniture Industries - couch, loveseat, recliners
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - product and warranty
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - customer service, delivery & product quality
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - returns - customer service