AsfInternational.com / Refusal to cancel automatic debits!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I had a 2 yr contract with LA Boxing in California which was supposed to end Dec 2007. When the Jan 2008 debit came out of my checking acct-I went to LA Boxing and they told me it was in error and that they would put through the cancellation with their 3rd party agency "ASF Intl". In Feb 2008, another debit was charged for my gym membership and again when visiting LA Boxing, he assured me that it should have been canceled and we watched as he again went to his ASF Intl software and put through the cancellation. Based on the complaints I've read on the internet, I'm handing this over to my bank to handle because ASF Intl is apparently notorious for this kind of business practice.

Comments

Jo
  21st of Jan, 2008
AsfInternational.com - Unscrupulous business practices!
AsfInternational.com
640 Plaza Drive suite 300
Phone: 800 527 6898
www.asfinternational.com

Dear Sir/Madam, I purchased a company in April 2005. I was told by the seller that the company has $70,000 in accounts receivable. A company called ASF INTERNATIONAL was being used by the company known as Healthy Inspirations to do automatic debits from the clients, accounts. ASF International was to collect money 4 times a month, pay Mr Griffith the man I purchased the company from and put the balance in a bank account for me. Within a few months ASF INTERNATIONAL said there was no more money in the account and that they had already paid out $20,000 to Mr Griffith. I was very disappointed and told them to end this club number and start me with a new club number for my new clients that I had generated. In 2006 ASF INTERNATIONAL told me that I owed them $1000 dollars. I asked them how could I owe you money when our only arrangement is for you to collect money from my clients and deposit the money into my account after first taking out your fees. They told me that this money was money they had paid to Mr Griffith. The man I bought the company from. I told them I owe no money to Mr Griffith because he had already ripped me off and I owe no money to them. In November 2007, ASF INTERNATIONAL held onto $392 which should have been deposited into my account, and informed me that I owe them $1700 from two years ago. I said it is impossible for me to owe you any money based on our agreement. They informed me that Mr Griffith owes them that money and that they cannot find him to retrieve their money, so they will collect it from me because I took over the company, and that if I do not pay them $1700 they will send me to the credit bureau. This is unjust and unfair. I have had to cancel the automatic deductions they do for me, and I am losing money while I try to setup the automatic debit with a reputable bank. Please intercede in this matter for me to stop the unjust behavior of this company. Sincerely, Joycelyn Forbes The name of my company is Joyful Fitness Village, Thanks again.

St
  29th of Jan, 2008

ASF International processed the monthly installment per the consent of both Ms. Forbes and Mr. Griffith. If Ms. Forbes has a dispute with Mr. Griffith or their agreement, then those concerns would need to be addressed with him and not ASF International.

Since Ms. Forbes is the owner of this facility. ASF International is attempting to collect money that this facility owes our company.

Steve Graziosa
Client Support Manager

800-527-6898 ext. 741

25th of Feb, 2008

ASF International was not deducting any payments from Ms. Shrouds banking account. We only have her information so LA Boxing can track her attendance. I would suggest Ms. Shrouds check her banking account to see who was really deducting the monthly payments.

Chris Peterson
Customer Relations Manager

2nd of Jun, 2008

My sons were members of the fight lab in Temecula, Ca and after a year their membership should have been up . I noticed that money continued to come out of my account after the year . One account finished in April 08 and the other May 08 . We were told to send them a notice of cancellation, so we did for both . They stopped one and not the other . They insist that they never received the first letter for cancellation for April . Needless to say we stopped any withdrawls from ASF and if they insist we owe them money our lawyer has the info and BBB will also be notified .

Ja
  9th of Jun, 2008

Chris Peterson of ASF says:

"ASF International was not deducting any payments from Ms. Shrouds banking account. We only have her information so LA Boxing can track her attendance."

Why would you need her banking information in order to "track her attendance"? Your twisted explanation tells the world everything it needs to know about your unscrupulous business practices.

Ci
  5th of Dec, 2008

I had never heard of ASF Int'l until I started seeing them charging my checking acct. All they needed was my checking acct number, which anyone I have ever written a check to would have. I called my bank after the second charge took place. My bank credited my acct after Googling them and seeing that this is a fly-by-night outfit.

6th of Jan, 2009

We didn't have the member's bank information. We only had her name and address as it is file that is maintained by us for LA boxing for membership tracking purposes.

Chris Peterson
Customer Relations Manager

Di
  3rd of Feb, 2010

ASF International just recently took money out of my checking account on Feb. 1 without my authorization, claiming that my 2 year health club membership (to Lifestyles for Ladies Only in Toledo, Ohio) which expired in January had a rollover clause. After dealing with a rude customer service agent, in frustration I contacted the health club, only to get another runaround. Lifestyles could not even produce a copy of the contract with the rollover clause. It appears that both companies are of questionable integrity. I have contacted my bank and filed a complaint. I will be closing out this checking account so they no longer have access.

Md
  29th of Jul, 2010

I AM DEALING WITH LA BOXING AND ASF NOW. I HAD A MONTH TO MONTH WITH THEM. I SENT THEM A CERTIFIED LETTER ON 07/14/10. THEY SAID I HAD TO COME IN TO CANCEL. I CAME IN ON 07/16/10 TO CANCEL. THE MANAGER (JUSTIN) WILL NOT GIVE ME A COPY OF THE CANCELLATION LETER I SIGNED. THEY COLLECTED 158. X 2 ON 05/17/10 TWO MONTHS. THEY KEPT THE THIRD MONTH. I WENT THERE ONE MONTH AND THREE WEEKS. THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT A FORTH MONTH. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE TO HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER. I WILL BE GOING TO CHANNEL 13 WITH THIS TO BRING THEM TO THE THE LIGHT. THEY ARE DISHONESTY. CONTACT ME WITH HELP WARR4YESHUST@AOL.COM