ASC / 7 month missing pmt investigation/derogatory credit reported

1 United States

My loan was transferred from gmac to asc last october. Auto pmts were made two months in advance to gmac - pmts returned to me and gmac. Asc states 10/06 pmt missing so investigation opened in 1/07 to be completed by 2/6/07 and then by 2/28/07. Dozens of call to asc by me and dozens more of auto collection calls to me. With every call i reconfirmed no late charges or derrog. Credit reporting, even if missing pmt was my error. I did all the research work for asc even though they said they would do so. Now asc states pmt 'is' outstanding and reported 60-30-30 late to credit agencies. Refuses to remove or give me accounting from gmac transfer. No late charges due - but credit reporting has stopped me from financial aid for my son to go to college. Single mom. Terrible bureaucracy and no cooperation or communication from asc from anyone other than customer service and collection dept. Ready to hire legal counsel or change my identity at this point. 7 months correspondence and calls on file with asc. Outright refusal to comply with employees' representations to me re: credit reporting even when given the scenario of this possibility that my accounting was wrong. Assured over and over that due to debt collection act, credit was safe because of missing pmt investigation.