Apria / neglegence

1 FL, United States Review updated:

One hand does not know what the other is doing thats for sure, they told me i had to get a prescription. I had my doctor send in a fax to get a small breathing tank. I called the next day they said they never got the fax I called my doctor they said theyd fax it and they did i called Apria the next day and they said they hadnt gotten anything but when the guy got there to deliver the tanks he just gave me the pulse top. I told him they hadnt sent out a therapist yet that they hadnt even supposeldy gotten the fax he said they told me to bring it out and barly showed me how to use the thing. So i just called medicare and they said that is not the way they should do it. APRIA sucks and they jsut dont care they do.

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009

Apria does not care

• Kb
      3rd of Sep, 2010

1st- if you would do your homework on the state requirements in florida you would know that o2 in florida any and all changes are required to have a rx signed by the doctor and it must be in the current year.
    2nd - if you are changing anything from a current rx order from your dr you must have it in writing from the ordering dr
    3rd --the drivers do not provide change of equipment without proper testing done by a licensed respiratory therapist making sure you can use the equipment properly- the small tanks req a different guage to be used on them and the only omit o2 on inhalation not continuously and your o2 sats must stay above 90% when walking or exerting for you to be able to use that equipment
    and lastly instead of calling medicare - which is people hired by the govt to ask questions about the equipment and how it works consult the professional who deal with it every day like the licensed rt or your dr can explain how the equipment works--in this case it is not apria that sucks it is the misinformation or lack of education on what you are using -- try calling apria and see what is explained to you
    The action you should take is to call the corporate office in california and lodge a complaint to bring back the customer service to the local branches in florida instead of centralizing the customer service to an area not near you.