Apria Healthcareimproper billing and insurance fraud

D

Tries to charge my insurance on multiple occasions for the same item. 10 months after I made my last payment to own my CPAP machine. They send me a bill. They stated that my insurance just now processed the claim as a matter of fact the last claim processed was in February of 2016 and I paid the remaining balance. My insurance states that Apria has tried to charge them on multiple occasions for the CPAP machine they just change the coding to make it seem like it's something different. I had to close my credit card because Apria was charging various amounts of money to my card weekly with no authorization. I close this account 10 months ago and I'm receiving a bill again no one wants to explain anything they just keep stating the insurance processed the claim and this is what is due.

RESOLVED

• Apria Healthcare Group's response · Dec 02, 2016

Complaint does not provide sufficient customer information for complaint to be investigated and response provided.

JohnMP Oct 16, 2020

I'm another victim of Apria's rent-to-own billing fraud. I had continuous insurance coverage paying each month on a ten month plan but Apria needed to "re-verify" the insurance when I ordered separate supplied, had an "issue" (even though my insurance was the same and in their file) and they started the billing all over at month zero, erasing all the months my insurance has paid.

Their customer service is a joke, they couldn't tie their shoes if you were on the phone for four hours with them.

At this point I'm losing hope that they will correct the problem--because I doubt it's a problem to them, it's systematic. They were busted for fraud by the feds for $400 million in 2001 and again in the mid-2000s and here we are again.

• Gi
    Gina Robinson Nov 16, 2019

We are going through the same thing! My husband returned the CPAP 12/18... we paid everything we owed and now almost a year later they are saying we owe them money 🤬...! It’s complete BS . It seems to me like this company is trying to scam a lot of people!!

• Ro
    Ronald Laforest May 14, 2019

Same complaint here a full 4 months after I paid there invoiced and confirmed that the CPAP had been paid in December 2018.
    At the end of April 2019 I received a bill for 4 months of rental @107.42 per month ( New machine is worth $850.00) In a conference call on May 15, 2019 with insurance company and Apria billing department got Apria billing to confirm I had paid off machine November 2019.
    Per insurance representative conversation I am waiting for Apria to call me to confirm findings. (Not holding my breath) This is possibly the worst company I have dealt with, sad way to do business hope Daniel Starck is aware of his company’s performance.
    Legal help is probably next move would like to join class action suit if one is ongoing.

• Ru
    Ruth Hester Jun 30, 2019

@Ronald Laforest We just started with this company and had one problem after another. They keep billing me on auto pay and i have never said they could do that. Now my bank account is $-137. What can I do now?

• Th
    Thomas C. Chase Mar 25, 2019

Same issues. Getting texts that I "missed payment due on 4/12/2018! It is now March of 2019. Called the number, [protected]. They wanted me to give information, but could not confirm info they already had. Finally found out that the address they had for me was in Louisiana, which is far from my home state. The street address they had was also completely different, and the name on the account was totally different. Very concerned that the person on the account may have illegally obtained my social security number and phone number. I was last in New orleans about a year ago for a wedding, stayed at a nice hotel downtown. These messages started soon after. Please help me protect my personal private info.

Angieka Dec 05, 2018

They sent me a bill on 10/23/18 for $21.12, which I paid and on 11/23/18 they sent me another bill for $21.12 but they did an adjustment for 3.60 and sent me another bill for 17.52 saying I still owe that. This was for supplies from June 2018. No other supplies were ever received from them since the June order. I am contacting an attorney. As I see it they owe me the adjustment cause I paid the full 21.12 balance.

• Go
    Goran Zarov Oct 30, 2018

Same here. I paid off my machine now they calling telling me thet was the balance and i am still renting. I already paid over $3500. How much this machine cost?

mamakinnon Dec 27, 2016

The same thing is happening here. My insurance company assures me the CPAP has been paid for in full. I cancelled my credit card for the same reason - random charges that weren't itemized or explained were being withdrawn. Now I've been receiving bills for amounts that change each month. I'm so frustrated, but as tempting as it is to pay off the balance just to make this go away, I know that in a few months I'll receive another bill.