Apria Healthcare Group Logo

Apria Healthcare Group

Having problems with Apria Healthcare Group?

Apria Healthcare Group Customer Service Contacts

1888 492 7742 (Customer Service)
+1 877 265 2426 (CPAP Supplies)
+1 800 780 1076 (Apria Pharmacy Network)
+1 844 260 1788 (Refresh Home Enteral Nutrition)
+1 800 780 1228 (Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)
+1 855 648 8369 (Non-Invasive Ventilators)
+1 888 452 4363 (Kaiser Members)
+1 866 689 8098 (Humana Members)
+1 800 901 3566 (CareCentrix Members)
+1 855 869 9436 (Oxygen Scheduling)
+1 855 613 8306 (Oxygen Concentrator Checks)
+1 855 371 1220 (Equipment Return)
+1 844 235 2738 (Apria Great Escapes Travel Program)
+1 800 436 5657 (Sleep Supplies & Accessories)
+1 800 260 8808 (Patient Satisfaction)
+1 866 505 6365 (Payments)
+1 800 633 4227 (Branches)
26220 Enterprise Court Lake Forest
Lake Forest, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Apria Healthcare Group Customer Service. Initial Apria Healthcare Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Apria Healthcare Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Apria Healthcare Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Apria Healthcare Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Apria Healthcarefailure to deliver medical food

Apria Healthcare has consistently billed our insurances for medical enteral food for our disabled daughter and consistently fails to deliver food each month. This month they witheld her only medical nutrition for almost four days. Despite the fact that they received multiple phone calls in advance, acknowledged their "interpretation" of her script was in error and promised to overnight her supply, they failed for four days to supply the food they admitted had run out. She is non-verbal, in a wheelchair and only eleven. They are starving patients to skim profits. Still getting to the bottom of what they're actually charging our insurance companies. Basic human rights here and they corner the market on this product.

W.M. HILBURN Apr 24, 2011

Norm Payson(CEO Apria HealthCare) has previously been Chief Executive Officer of two publicly traded health plans, Oxford Health Plans as the "turnaround CEO" [protected]) and Healthsource, Inc. as co-founder and CEO [protected]). Prior to Healthsource, Dr. Payson was Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of a 120-doctor physician group practice. He became the "darling of the HMO's" by dropping sick customers that that were using the insurance, raising premiums of the healthy customers, and denying coverage to new customers with preexisting conditions. With more profits and fewer customers, he was able to reduce administrative staff. Sure enough, the company became Profitable! These practices will soon be considered illegle in the new government Health Care Program. It takes a certain type of personality to do this kind of dirty work. Those people are called "Sociopaths", and are usually found as characteristic of criminals.
      Norman's annual income while at Oxford was $75M and $115, 375, 414 when he excersised stock options. Now he make far more than that. His total worth is estimated to be over $1B.
      Is this a Great Country or What?

Apria Healthcaredo referring physician's get compensated by apria?

A physician wrote a prescription for a cpap system. The order was sent to apria. I received several phone calls from apria, but have not received the equipment. A few years ago, this same physician's office submitted a prescription for a cpap system. It was submitted to apria. After waiting a considerable period I called my insurer and was told that apria was not "assigned" to provide cpap equipment, and my insurer told me that they searched other companies to get a good price for the equipment and then arranged the "delivery" of the equipment. I have to wonder if there is a "conflict of interest" with the physician and apria? When I called my physician's office to report what the insurer had told me, I was told that they use apria and have never had problems with my insurance provider. Based on my conversation with my insurance provider, I called and requested that I get my cpap system from a provider other than apria. They were not happy. When I gave them the name of another cpap system provider, they took on a negative tone, but agreed to go with a provider I found on the internet who was approved by my insurer.
    Historically, when I got my first cpap system, I had to attend a class with about a dozen others. Before the class commenced the "trainer" had us fill out all the paperwork in advance. This paperwork included a "review of the class". The class was told what answers to put on the "review" form. I found it irritating to have to give a positive review of a class, sign it and date it, even before the class had commenced. The training would not start until all the paperwork had been signed, dated and reviewed by the trainer.
    The local apria provider only has appointments to bring in equipment 2 days per week. And the hours to bring the equipment in are extremely limited. If the 2 days this week are "booked" then you are pushed to the following week.in one instance, all I wanted to do was purchase air cleaner filters. I could only do that on one of the 2 days that are allocated for customer service. So, I ask the question, if I need a cpap and i'm not offered a list of vendors to choose from, why has the physician's office always choose to fill my order through apria?

Is this a Great Country or What?

Apria Healthcareincorrect billing practices and horrible customer service

Apria is truly terrible, and I think they and my former sleep therapist may have scammed me. The sleep therapist told me that my insurance company was insisting that I now get all cpap equipment through Apria. My insurance company later told me they said no such thing. Apria is also adding charges to my account that my insurance company has told me they are "100% sure" I do not owe. Apria will not return my calls. When I have gotten through to someone, I have been "accidentally" disconnected or just transferred on to an answering machine which no one responds to. I continue to get harassing phone calls from call centers in India about my alleged bill. Do not deal with this company.

• Ol
          oldheiffer Sep 20, 2012

Agreed! When payment was arranged by me with the billing center here in U.S., the India call center would call and harrass me, either denying that arrangements had been made, or insisting the monthly payment was not enough. I am on disability, have COPD and asthma, and without O2 have an oxygen saturation of around 85%. When the last $242 was stolen (yes, STOLEN) from my account without prior authorization, this emptied my bank account and racked up NSF charges. I dropped Apria on the spot, and am attempting to get on Pfeiffer Medical instead. That was two days ago, with April employees telling me that "they will get around to" sending my information to Pfeiffer so that they can start bringing me home O2. At the very least, their billing dept. is criminal and I for one would like to see a class action law suit against April.

This company takes advantage of very ill, weak people who are either too sick to read their bills with a fine-toothed comb, or unwell enough to take Apria on. Fortunately I'm not quite there, so will look for ways to report these unethical business practices to everyone that needs to know.

I've heard of employees quitting Apria because of their questionable practices.

W.M. HILBURN Apr 24, 2011

Norm Payson(CEO Apria HealthCare) has previously been Chief Executive Officer of two publicly traded health plans, Oxford Health Plans as the "turnaround CEO" [protected]) and Healthsource, Inc. as co-founder and CEO [protected]). Prior to Healthsource, Dr. Payson was Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of a 120-doctor physician group practice. He became the "darling of the HMO's" by dropping sick customers that that were using the insurance, raising premiums of the healthy customers, and denying coverage to new customers with preexisting conditions. With more profits and fewer customers, he was able to reduce administrative staff. Sure enough, the company became Profitable! These practices will soon be considered illeagle in the new government Health Care Program. It takes a certain type of personality to do this kind of dirty work. Those people are called "Sociopaths", and are usually found as characteristic of criminals.

Apria Healthcare — wrong information

My father was sent home with a portable oxygen bottle from the hospital. Two days after he was home, an...

Apria Healthcare — billing incompetence & shortchanging

Because of an Apria-Blue Cross mix-up, Apria improperly billed my credit card. In one phone conversation...

Apria Healthcareinsurance claim

Apria failed to submit to the correct insurance company which resulted in denial of payment. Upon reciept of the machine supplied by apria it was noticed they had sent the insurance claim to the wrong insurance company. I called (The day after) and asked them to correct this as I knew the policy was going to lapse in favor of a new insurance company. Apria insisted that because it was still the same parent company that it would not be a problem. It was a problem with the parent insurance company and they denied the cliam. Apria does not respond to the clients needs in a timely manner which results in additional costs put on anybody who deals with this company. I strongly suggest you find another company to supply this service.

Apria Healthcare — illegal practices

In Oct 2009, my son was very ill and needed a nebulizer which was prescribed by his doctor. The doctor sent...

Apria Healthcare — fraud

Stay clear. Companies like this push your insurance rates higher. This company, having settled a fraud case...

Apria Healthcareincompetence at its best!

Apria healthcare, is the leading provider of sheer incompetence! They are not limited to mistreating employees, sweeping employee hotline complaints under the rug, poor customer service, medical billing nightmares and mediocrity all around. This is a company that basically treat employees like "it is what it is", "take it or leave it" and this treatment inevitably transcends to all interactions both internally in the company and externally with customers. They think they do such a great job in some rocket science, when dudes: you deliver crutches and wheel chairs! Most of them you end up delivering the wrong size. If a customer places an order and they are out of stock, they intentionally deliver the wrong product without consulting if the customer would want it. They key is to deliver and collect on something. Genius #s! Your day will come.

• Ca
              Carl Marcois Sep 25, 2010

Sat.
              09/25/2010

I was hired by this Company and have never been put through so much hell in my life.. I am trying for a class action law suit and will be talking to attorneys that have dealt with them before..

Apria is not right in the way they conduct business with Patients nor their employees..

Talk to me I have info. on the attorneys I will be using..

Thanks,

Carl
              [protected]

Jade1234 Sep 13, 2010

These people have been calling my home for over 2 years. They were looking for a person who has never lived here and who I don't know. They've also sent bills for him to my home.

I told them no one by that name lived at my home and I knew no such person.

I finally changed my number. The bills I get addressed to this person, I take to the post office and put on the envelope "no such person at this address" and "return to sender".

Today, a large Apria Healthcare truck showed up at my home with an invoice that had that person's name on it.

I threatened to call the police. I just got off the phone with my Ohio attorney general who informed me they had numerous complaints against this California company.

If you get bills or calls or some truck with their name on it at your home (and you've never done business with them), call your state Attorney General.

In fact, if you have any problems with this company that have not been resolved by this company, contact your State's Attorney General.

kbug912 Sep 03, 2010

if you think that all we do is deliver crutches and wheelchairs you seriously need some more education. usually in the cases where ex: a wheelchair needs to be delivered to a pt discharging from a hospital and the need a 16" wheelchair and we only have an 18" in stock --because the pt needs to go home from the hospital and they cant keep them there and cant get it somewhere else the chair is delivered till they can get the correct one and the patient are notified of everything that goes on from ins information to financial to approx delivery time. there is a great deal of information and phone calls and ppwk for any company that works in dme equip and you would know that if you spoke from a place of understanding. there may be a few bad apples in this company but there are alot of us that are good people trying to take care of our families and go home. you should always be considerate of the people on the other end - talk to them like you want to be talked to and you may get the help you need and deserve.

Apria Healthcare — scam

My wife works for Apria Health care over 10 years. Managers and corporate that have no respect for employee...

Apria Healthcare — beware!

My husband called me today and said that almost quit his job. I could hear it his voice that he was so...

Apria Healthcareimcompetence

Apria Healthcare is by far the worst company I have dealt with and that expands from Missouri to Arizona. Customer satisfaction is not their #1 priority and they tell you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear. Returning phone calls? Extremely poor. If you don't have enough operators, hire some of these people that really needs jobs right now. From equipment pick up to turn in, it's unorganized. I waited for nearly an hour after my appt time in the lobby for my initial equipment pick up. I'm an ex-military man, so I'm all about being on time and being on time is 15 minutes early. I cancelled my appt and expressed my complaint. I got no call back to reschedule or talk to me about my concerns. I myself called back 2 weeks later finally and rescheduled. My billing was a catastrophe from the beginning. I finally was so frustrated, I turned my equipment in, which took 2 tries, because they were supposed to be at my home during a time between 1-5pm, but they came at 11:30am and left a note on my door. No prior phone call to see if I was there or to warn me they were coming, in addition I took off work for 1/2 day to get this done. Try #2, again a specific time was set this go around for 5pm, guess what?, they shows up at 2:30pm, again no phone or warning. I'm no overall dummy and I took the whole day off from work. Good thing ay? Unbelieveable. I thought I was done with Apria, finally! Wrong answer, I was still in their clutches. To make a very long story short, I was told I had no more outstanding payments and almost 3 months later I get a call from a collections agency saying I owed Apria $75. I received no phone calls and I did not receive any mail informing me about this. I have a 750+ credit score and pay my bills; I am a get it done and complain about it later type of guy, so I paid the amount and called Apria. They gave me no reasonable explanation and I am fuming from the top of my skull with this company, plus they didn't give me an answer on if it would be on my credit report or not. The collection agency that contacted me was more sympathetic and helpful than Apria was for the year I was with them. I personally made two admin changes to there policies alone, because of the issues I had. Whoever these executives are at Apria making the big $$ to create policies and procedures, must be out golfing all day. Or, they just make up the policies and don't follow-up or insure they are being implemented. That's why you make 6 figures, earn what your being paid. I vowed to spread the word never recommending Apria Healthcare to anyone and warn them about their practices, or lack-there-of. WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Apria Healthcare — customer service/service

Apria healthcare is by far the worst company i have dealt with and that expands from missouri to arizona...

Apriacredit card

I have been told by Apria representative that I must give the driver a credit card (when he delivers next) for monthly billing from now on and sign the form to authorize it. I have Medicare so I don't see how they can do this. I feel they are just trying to force me to do something that I don't want to do. Any help???? Suggestions???

kbug912 Sep 03, 2010

if you are on medicare and it is a covered service apria provides a financial hardship program that writes off the 20% that is not covered by medicare and they will not attach a cc if there is none to be attached. they will not turn away medicare business i can assure you but if you call your local branch they will send you an application and req a copy of your income(proof of income) the ABN's are only for services that are not covered by medicare or if you are requesting equipment and you do not meet medicare's criteria.

• Pg
                  PghDennis Dec 30, 2009

I also find myself questioning why my credit card information is needed when our insurance is going to pay 100 percent of the cost of my cpap machine and all supplies. The Apria rep I spoke with likened it to renting a car. Something just doesn't feel right.

• Sm
                  Smythe Jul 09, 2009

Apria must provide you with an ABN (Adanced Beneficiary Notice) explaining why the product or service is not covered or why they are billing you up front. Ask for explanatiopn. it may be that the product or services you are receiving are not covered by Medicare. Medicare has complicated criteria for coverage that may be applicable to your situation. Ask Apria for an explanation.

Dave

• He
                  healthcare Jun 24, 2009

Medicare only pays 80% of your bill or expense. Its just like paying your bill from the doctor's office or pharmacy. They deserve to be paid also.

Aprianeglegence

One hand does not know what the other is doing thats for sure, they told me i had to get a prescription. I had my doctor send in a fax to get a small breathing tank. I called the next day they said they never got the fax I called my doctor they said theyd fax it and they did i called Apria the next day and they said they hadnt gotten anything but when the guy got there to deliver the tanks he just gave me the pulse top. I told him they hadnt sent out a therapist yet that they hadnt even supposeldy gotten the fax he said they told me to bring it out and barly showed me how to use the thing. So i just called medicare and they said that is not the way they should do it. APRIA sucks and they jsut dont care they do.

kbug912 Sep 03, 2010

1st- if you would do your homework on the state requirements in florida you would know that o2 in florida any and all changes are required to have a rx signed by the doctor and it must be in the current year.
                    2nd - if you are changing anything from a current rx order from your dr you must have it in writing from the ordering dr
                    3rd --the drivers do not provide change of equipment without proper testing done by a licensed respiratory therapist making sure you can use the equipment properly- the small tanks req a different guage to be used on them and the only omit o2 on inhalation not continuously and your o2 sats must stay above 90% when walking or exerting for you to be able to use that equipment
                    and lastly instead of calling medicare - which is people hired by the govt to ask questions about the equipment and how it works consult the professional who deal with it every day like the licensed rt or your dr can explain how the equipment works--in this case it is not apria that sucks it is the misinformation or lack of education on what you are using -- try calling apria and see what is explained to you
                    The action you should take is to call the corporate office in california and lodge a complaint to bring back the customer service to the local branches in florida instead of centralizing the customer service to an area not near you.

John Fox Jan 26, 2009

Apria does not care

Apria Healthcaremedical

Apria charged me double for sleep apnea products that I could have bought online for half the price. Also, when I realized that the mask I was using was causing my eyes problems because of leaking air, I called Apria to let them know the product was defective and was hoping for a return and refund but since I had the product more than 30 days they wouldn't work with me! It took a long time and several doctor visits to figure out what the problem was with my eyes and told them that, but to no avail. I wouldn't work with them ever again.!

• Ri
                      ricardo29700 Oct 13, 2016

Here is a complaint I filed with my insurance against Apria. Basically I learned that my previous insurance had made considerable payments toward my BiPAP. At the supposed rate Apria is charging for a rental, their profit on the unit would exceed 600% over five years. I have since learned that Apria was bought by the hedge fund Blackstone, which is notorious for stripping assets from acquired businesses. In any event, why any healthcare insurance would agree to paying many times the wholesale cost of a medical device is fishy. My complaint in ongoing, and I have decided to stop wasting my time calling Apria's Manila phone banks and simply start a paper trail so that I'll have documentation to submit before a small claims court -- should it come to that. #########
                      Ricardo xxxxxxxx

[email protected]
                      Attn: Ms. Xxxxxx xxxxx

September 18, 2016

Dear Ms. xxxxxx,

Thank you for taking my calls on September 15th and 16, 2016 and for examining my complaint against Apria Healthcare.

Summary of this Complaint

Up to December 31, 2015, I was using a BIPAP durable home medical device supplied by Apria Healthcare and paid for in full by my insurer at the time, Blue Shield of California (this insurance plan provided to me by the California Public Employees Retirement System [PERS]). Because Blue Shield of California was no longer available to PERS annuitants after 2015, my wife and I switched to Pers Care Anthem Blue Cross, beginning in January 1, 2016. I did not learn until May, 2016, that the conditions by which Apria provided my BIPAP had changed. I was told by Apria that I had to provide them direct access to my Golden 1 Visa card. Apria began making charges without notifying me. Getting Apria to respond was quite difficult, and the explanations for the charges made varied each time I called them.

On September 15th, I contacted Pers Care Anthem Blue Cross and spoke to Ms. Xxxxx xxxxxx. She informed me that the charges made by Apria Healthcare to my credit card account on the BIPAP, $616.24 to date, accrued no equity and were merely for a rental. This was a complete surprise to me. At the rate I was paying, my charges for the BIPAP rental would be $821.00 for the year. This last summer I checked online for the retail price of the BIPAP, ResMed Aircurve 10, and learned it costs about $1500.00 new. This means that my payments to Apria to rent my BIPAP over the five year expected life span would total $4108.00. This represents a nearly 300% profit for Apria (considering extra profits from accessories and buying bulk at a wholesale price from manufacturers). And of course, I would at no point own the BIPAP or have equity in it.

Had I been fully informed about the terms and conditions for my being supplied a BIPAP by Apria/Pers Care Anthem Blue Cross, I would never have agreed to such a contract and would have sought another supplier. Moreover, Apria’s terms and conditions have been
                      -2-

impossible for me to discover as I have been given multiple explanations for billing from multiple representatives from Apria.

Proposed Settlement

I would be willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee for use of the BIPAP provided by Apria, this determined by the price Apria paid for the item divided by its five year useful life and an additional REASONABLE profit. I would then either switch to a CPAP machine, which Ms. Garcia informs me is an installment program (my decision would depend on price and terms), or I would buy my own CPAP or BIPAP and discontinue utilizing Apria’s services. By my calculation, the $548.24 I have already paid to Apria this year is more than a reasonable rental value, hence I would be due a refund. (A medical device costing $1500.00 and lasting five years would yield a basic monthly rate of $25.00, or $300.00 for the year, not including a fair profit and interest.)

This does not mean I would be satisfied by having to pay for health benefits that were previously covered by available PERS plans, and I would pursue this matter further with PERS.

Chronology

In March, 2010, after an examination and follow-up sleep study, Axxx xxxx, D.O., with Dignity Health/Mercy Medical Group, gave me a prescription for a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) home medical device. My insurer at that time was Blue Shield of California, which directed me to Apria Healthcare, 1450 Expo Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95933 to pick up a CPAP machine. This device was effective in treating my sleep apnea and was provided at no charge. Similarly, associated accessories such as sleep masks, hoses and filters were provided to me at no charge.

I use the CPAP every night. In November, 2015, I noticed that my CPAP began making noises associated with mechanical wear, and the Apria representative at Expo Parkway advised me that it was time for a new device. According to Apria, my personal physician, Dxxxx xxxx, M.D. wrote a prescription for a BIPAP (an upgraded form of CPAP) on November 5, 2015.

I had made several calls to Apria for appointments and never received a return call. Since my machine was failing, I simply went to the Apria office on Expo Parkway in Sacramento on Friday, November 20, 2015. The situation at the Apria office was chaotic, and many customers were waiting for extended periods and disgruntled. After some time I was able to talk to the Apria clerk and turn in my old CPAP equipment. I was issued a BIPAP. I was told the technician was not available to calibrate my machine. I recall I was told that there were instructions for this “on the net”. I found a Web site that did have step by step instructions for calibrating the BIPAP, and I called Dr. xxxx for information on
                      -3-

recommended settings on the machine.

As of December 31, 2015, Blue Shield was no longer available to my wife and me, who are Public Employees Retirement System Annuitants, and we enrolled in PERS Care Anthem Blue Cross, beginning in 2016. We did not receive medical cards for several months. Some time in May, 2016, Apria informed me that I would now have to pay a $14.00 per month deductible fee for my BIPAP. Apria also insisted on being able to directly charge my Golden 1 Visa card in order for me to continue to use my BIPAP. Without a CPAP or BIPAP, I stop breathing 50-100 times per night, according to my sleep study. I had little choice in this matter and was told I had to pay for the months of Blue Cross coverage up to May, 2016, this reflected in a charge of $48.82 on May 17, 2016.

On May 21, 2016, I was charged an additional $14.00 by Apria, which I was told was the normal monthly charge. On June 21st, I was charged another $14.00, which I assumed would occur monthly for the duration of my using the BIPAP.

On June 22, 2016 Apria charged $443.18 to my credit card account. I was dismayed and upon inquiry was told this was the “yearly deductible” that was required by PERS Care Anthem Blue Cross. My understanding was that these payments would occur until my payments equaled the cost of the BIPAP. After a brief online search I found that my BIPAP, a ResMed AirCurve 10 sells for about $1500.

On July 21 and August 22, 2016, Apria charged me $14.00, a monthly fee I regarded as a usual co-pay. However, on August 22, I also received a bill from PERS Care Anthem for $864.00 for “Health Services” from Apria. Since I had received no services from Apria other than using the BIPAP they provided in November, 2015, I made a call to PERS Care Anthem and spoke to Ms. XXXX XXXX. She was very helpful and informed me that I did not have to pay $864.00 for Apria “Health Services”. Subsequently, my Visa card was charged $68.24 by Apria for reasons unknown. I had received no notification and no bill.

Because of this, I have contacted my credit union, Golden 1, and registered a dispute complaint with XXXX, teller #78709, dispute number 107465, pending a settlement with Apria over its billing practices and terms for my use of the BIPAP.

Appendix: Widespread Complaints about Apria Healthcare

A cursory search of the Web indicates that my complaint about Apria Healthcare is far from rare. Thousands of complaints about Apria Healthcare can be found on the Web at the following sites: The Better Business Bureau BBB.org (903 complaints in the last year alone); PissedConsumer.com (757); ConsumerAffairs.com (the top 666 complaints about Apria Healthcare are listed ); complaint board.com (7); [redacted].com (30);
                      -4-

Scambook.com (1);HissingKitty.com (5); Gripeo.com (8); Yelp.com (16); Trustlink.org (7); [email protected] (4); and one particularly bitter consumer created a website
                      dedicated to Apria: www.apriasucks.com. Again, this is far from a thorough search.

Additional Resources:

California Department of Insurance
                      California Department of Public Health, Home Medical Device Retail License Division
                      State Of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General
                      California Department of Consumer Affairs
                      Federal Trade Commission/Bureau of Consumer Protection

Sincerely,
                      Rxxxxx Xxxxxxx
                      [email protected]

• Wi
                      Wisconsin Lady Jun 23, 2010

I have exactly the same problem with Apria. Rental? I didn't agree to a rental and they billed my insurance for the whole amount. The amount they billed is about 3X what the exact equipment costs at a CPAP company on the internet. THREE TIMES MORE, not "national retail price."

The amount they debited my bank account was different every month and I couldn't get a straight answer from them why. What kind of rent changes every month with no notice? Then they told me it was paid in full, but here comes another debit the next month. I tried to return the unit last month and the guy told me I should keep it because it's paid for. Then I got ANOTHER form from my insurance company saying "you may owe $1, 290" because they've denied the latest claim.

I canceled my card and called the state anti-fraud unit. Am still waiting for a call back from insurance - but Apria has sent so many duplicate claims that the insurance company denies every claim from them now. What a goofy way to do business!

• De
                      Dennis Straily Dec 17, 2009

The Manager of Apria
                      Kasier send me (Dennis Straily) to you for a RESP. Kasier would paid 80% for the RESP and I would have paid 20% for it. Apria sent me the wrong RESP. It was installed by William Devor, but he or Apria change is to rental without letting me know it was a rental . It was the wrong one so I didn't use it. But when I return it. Apria wouldn't take all of it back. Left me with a humidifier that will not work without RESP. Apria will not refund any money are take back the humidifier, Apria will not took to me. This is a poor way to run a company. Apria is still billing $89 dallors for service that I didn't use.

Dennis Straily
                      10314 Princess Joann Road Santee, Ca. [protected]
                      Account # 0905clu097

• 1b
                      #1 biller Mar 07, 2009

The reason why your mask is so costly, is because of the cost your healthcare insurance decided on. See Apria has a national retail price of all there equip. What happens is every home medical supply comp that offers equip of the same, will show the same national retail price. It all depends on the contracted amount your insurance had decided was a decent amount for the type of equip your receiving. And what also plays a great factor is what kind of policy you have as well. weather you have an 80/20 policy. where you have to pay a 20% copay. Also do you have a year Deductible? for example if Apria says that the national retail price of a Cpap Headgear was $479.00 and the ins said our agreement is $250.00 Apria has to adjust off $229.99 and make that none billable to you. But $250.00 is. IF you have a 80/20 policy then you would owe a $50.00 copay. But if your insurance says you have a $500.00 year deductible that has not been met they may take there part they owe, and tell Apria to bill you it all. making you pay $250.00

Apria Healthcareincompetence

When providers fax prescriptions to their office, they can never seem to find them. This inefficiency causes unacceptable delays in receiving timely treatment.

When I arrive at their office, I usually encounter chaos, poor communication, and staff who may be well-meaning but are not well informed about the products they are offering.

In all the years I have been dealing with Apria, I have not once had an experience that was good the first time. It has always been necessary to hound them until they get it right, including their billing system.

John 12 Jul 09, 2009

John Fox Jan 26, 2009

Couldnt be more right on

Apria Healthcare Inc. — where has the service gone!

Where has the service gone. This DME provider (now the only durable medical equipment provider in the Phoenix...

Apria Healthcarenonexistent customer service

My 6 year old son had surgery and needed the use of a wheelchair for the past 7 months. Dealing wtih Apria has been a constant source of frustration. From the initial request to an exchange that had to be performed until the final request for pick up of the wheelchair, there have been obstacles at every stop. Phone calls to the branch have a wait time of 17 minutes, phone calls to service reps are not returned, and the delivery process is maddening. They showed up at 9:45pm to pick up the wheelchair and acted clueless to the time when I pointed it out to them. Billing has been inaccurate and difficult to sort out. I finally filed a complaint with the better business bureau only to find out about this company's blemished reputation. I wish I had done some homework before dealing with them initially. Avoid this company. They've got some serious customer service issues.

• Lt
                          LtDarkstar Oct 23, 2011

This place is horrible. We've been paying them normal payments but it wasn't enough for them apparently because they ILLEGALLY accessed our bank account and withdrew over $900!!! We filed a police report against them and got our money back. I also started a website dedicated to bashing these jerks over at: apriasucks.com

• Ru
                          RumMan May 09, 2008

O work for Apria, they treat their employees as bad as they treat their patient's. Any company would be better than apria. You have the right to choose your DME company

• Ph
                          Phillip Cha Feb 04, 2008

anyone know of a better provider? I need to seriously change cuz Apria customer service SUCKS

• Ab
                          Abbey Cohen Jun 25, 2007

If you somebody would like to be a witness for a Denver law firm in a case against Apria Healthcare, please contact Abbey at [email protected] or at [protected]. Our case involves Apria's failure to provide and maintain oxygen equipment for one of its patients.

Apria Healthcare — inefficiency / obfuscation

Apria is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am a reasonable person with a couple of...