Applied Bank / fraud

I missed 2 payments this summer because of a flood/out of job, I set up payments twice a month 40$ each time (minimum payment was 50). They kept charging me LATE fees'+-30$ and Overlimit fees +-30$ every month! The past 2 months have withdrew 40$ payments from my bank account UNAUTHORIZED (then called me and told me I havent made any payments recently)! I spoke with 2 people there, one who told me I authorized through the internet then continued to tell me not to worry about it because it was helping my balance (obviously not), the other said I authorized via phone back in Sept. ?!?!?!
How can these people do this?!

Comments

• Da
      27th of Oct, 2008

Do NOT waste your time and apply for Applied Bank. They are charging fees and creating you to go over the limit. The rude lady on the phone told me, "you agreed to be screwed over by signing the agreement with us". I echo the reports of others on here about how rude and their charges are fraudulent. My account has never been over the limit for better than 3 months but yet they keep charging me the "over the limit" $32.00 fee. I am closing my account with them today.

• Ju
      31st of Mar, 2009

DO NOT do business with Applied Bank. They will rip you off in a hearbeat! They will take your money for a secured credit card, not send you the card and then not return your money. After many phone calls, I still don't have my money back. They just blow you off and don't care.

• Te
      27th of Jul, 2009

Good luck with trying to close your account - it will cost you.

• Kr
      15th of Feb, 2010

This is exactly what happened to me but I did not know they were part of Cross Country. Now they are trying to file a writ to sieze my assets! When I was trying to pay them they took my payments and said I didn't make them and charged late/over the limit fees!

• Ka
      29th of Feb, 2016

Applied bank credit card. Bottom line a FRAUD...
    They are criminals and I just sued them and won.

• Ka
      29th of Feb, 2016

Applied bank...
    Worst credit card company.
    They will steal money from you.