Apple Vacations / complete disaster from the beginning!

The vacation was a complete disaster from the beginning. There was no communication with the North American Airline or Apple Vacation. The hotel was horrendous; there was no security, they gave 2 room keys to other people with no identification, it was filthy and the customer service was awful.

The following is a rough timeline of how the vacation occurred:

- FRIDAY NIGHT 3/16/07 -Called [protected] at 10:30 PM Friday night and flight was still on time
- SATURDAY MORNING 3/17/07 -Called 800 number at 3:00 AM Sat. (after our ride to airport was already there) to check on flight and it was delayed till 4:30PM so we sent our ride on its way to come back later. (We should have received a call from Apple Vacations or North American Airlines that flight was delayed)
- SATURDAY -Kept calling 800 number all day to make sure flight at 4:30 PM (it was)
- SATURDAY -On the way to air port at 2pm tried 800 number again still says flight leaving at 4:30 PM
- SATURDAY -Got to airport at 2:15 pm no signs for North American Airline at Terminal A so we asked Delta people who sent us to Terminal B1 asked there and they sent us to Terminal B2 there they sent us back to Terminal A
- SATURDAY -Departure screen reads Aruba Flight 17 leaving at 4:30 PM
- SATURDAY -Representatives from Delta tell us at 3:00 PM that Flight 17 is cancelled till Sun. at 6:30 am Sunday but wait for representative from North American Airline
- SATURDAY -Representative from NAA shows up at 3:30 pm and says the flight is canceled till Sun. at 6:30 am but keep calling [protected] for updated info. (Departure board still says 4:30 PM Sat.)
- SATURDAY -Around 3:45pm-4:00 pm call 800 number several times because its so busy it keeps disconnecting you and finally get through for it to say flight 17 is 2:30pm on Sunday
- SATURDAY -Representative from Apple Vacations Jo-Anne at 3:45 pm., was very rude, says keep trying the 800 # “I don’t know what else to tell you”
- She then says “I heard the flight is 2:00 pm but it may be at 6:30 am but keep trying the 800 number.
- SATURDAY -Try the 800 number and it says 2:30 pm Sun.
- SATURDAY -Who is correct what do we believe at 3:45 pm:
o NAA Rep says 6:30 am
o NAA 800 number says 2:30 pm Sun.
o Departure Board at airport says 4:30 pm on Sat
o Apple Vacation says 2:00 pm Sun but call 800 number

- SATURDAY –Check in at Hilton at the airport because we no longer had transportation to go all the way home and we weren’t sure what time our flight was on Sunday
- SATURDAY -Jo-Anne called from her cell phone number around 7:00 pm Sat. and said she heard flight is at 2:00 pm
- SUNDAY 3/18/07 -We called the 800 number at 5:00 am Sun. and it says there is no information on Flight 17 to Aruba after being told to call 800 #
- SUNDAY –we call Jo-Anne on her cell phone and she started yelling at us NOT to call the 800 number. …….So which is it call the 800 number or don’t
- SUNDAY – She finally told us our flight is at 2:00 pm and be at check in between 11:00 am to 12:00pm
- SUNDAY -We were there at 11:00 am and waited finally took off at 2:45 pm on Sunday
- SUNDAY –We finally arrive at the Holiday Inn at 9pm on Sunday night
o We have now lost 2 whole days of our vacation
o We have also paid for 2 days of all inclusive and weren’t there

- SUNDAY – After checking into Holiday Inn our friends go to the front desk to ask what room we are in so we can meet them and they just GAVE THEM 2 KEYS TO OUR ROOM WITH NO IDENTIFICATION and he only asked what room Michael and Laureen Wright were in.
- MONDAY 3/19/07- We requested towels to take a shower and no one showed up for 2hrs after several calls saying they will be right there
- TUESDAY 3/20/07 – Night we set Air conditioning to 65 degrees it read 73 degrees in room. We had a sleepless night
- WEDNESDAY 3/21/07 -we reported the A/C was not working and they would send some one to our room right away. And no one showed so we left.
- WEDNESDAY – came back to room and still no A/C we called again and again they said they would send someone right away no one showed we left again
- WEDNESDAY –Night came back to sleep and still no A/C and did not Sleep again
- THURSDAY 3/22/07 –8:00am went to front desk and again “We’ll get someone there right away” no show and we left
- THURSDAY – came back to room at 12:30 pm and still no A/C 74 degrees in room for the third day. We called and the said the had a cooling issue in several rooms and working on it
- THURSDAY – trying to dry hair to meet friends again in very hot room and called again they said “SOME ONE WILL BE THERE RIGHT AWAY”
- THURSDAY –Called GWV Vacations and they will call back
- THURSDAY – 3:30 pm Someone from Front Desk called and said there was a problem with cooling system and it would be fixed in an hour
- THURSDAY – Spoke to GWV Rep who tried to get an answer and referred me to go see Front Desk Manager Alisia
- THURSDAY –went to front desk before leaving to meet friends and asked for Alisia and she was not there but I can change my room and I said I want to speak to Manager
- THURSDAY – Spoke to Manager on Duty Michelle who assured me she spoke to the General Manager and the problem would be rectified and compensated. She also assured me the Manager on Duty on Friday would definitely call me between 8am and 4pm with a resolution.
- THURSDAY –left at 6:30pm and STILL NO A/C THIS IS NOW THE THIRD DAY WITH NO A/C
- THURSDAY– night when came back to sleep finally A/C working
- FRIDAY 3/23/07–Cut my day short to go back to speak to a manager at 3:00 pm and spoke to Manager on Duty Brenda who said she didn’t know what they were going to do for us she would contact the General Manager and “she is very busy” ( so that’s my problem your busy I’m not important enough for you to find out) She said she “Would get back to us, if not tonight first thing in the morning”
- FRIDAY –got back to room and there was a message from Terry from GWV stating that Angela was down stairs to try and resurrect this problem. Well I was out trying to enjoy my last day of my short vacation as far way from the Holiday Inn as possible.
- FRIDAY –got to the room at 2:30 and it was not cleaned and no clean towels I called the front desk to speak to the Manager and the operator said she couldn’t just connect me to her and she would call back and I explained we had no towels and our room was not cleaned, and again insisted that I speak to a manager and she said someone will call me back. I called back again and she said someone would call me back and I explained to her I was irate and was not going to wait for 2 hours for towels again and she hung up. I then went to a maids cart outside and took towels so we could shower.
- SATURDAY 3/24/07 – 8:30am tried to find Brenda and check out and “she didn’t know what they were going to do and what ever it said on my check out sheet” She then had Jonathan check us out and she walked away without a sorry or thank you and no customer service at all.
- SATURDAY –Jonathan gave us $140.41 cash with no explanation handed us receipt with no words walked away and we waited for him to say something and a pen because we thought we would have to sign something and Mike grabbed a pen from the desk to sign it and he rudely said you don’t have to sign that and walked away again.
- The room we stayed in was filthy the floor was moldy and filthy as well as the tub and this was after they had “cleaned the room” There was also no bar on the sliding door and we were on the first floor in the way back of the hotel, looking at another building.
- We were also not upgraded “guests who have Aruba as their first and only stamp in their passports will receive an upgrade to a Superior room and one bottle of domestic Champagne upon check-in” And it was our first and only stamp on our passport.

Comments

• Cr
      13th of Sep, 2007

We went to Acapulco and stayed at the Ritz of Acapulco.

This is not the first time I used APLE VACATIONS to travel. We do it because we always find what we are looking for, a nice Hotel, Delicious food, drinks and a beautiful place as a resort. to rest and relax.

Ritz of Acapulco was nothing like we were expecting!!! We were so disappointed , I don't have words to describe my sadness. It was so expensive and it was all a waist of money.
    I don't understand how they can sell this package as a 4 Apples Resort...this is not even close to a Resort neither to the 4 apples.

Since the minute we walked into the Hotel I started crying because it was nothing like of what we were expecting. We felt as though we thrown all of our money way!!

Let me tell you some of the many, many things we found here:

The Restaurant Las Cavas only opens once a week.
    The food from the buffet is the same everyday.
    The pool is not clean it everyday, very small, overcrowded.
    The beach chairs have not cushions and the cushions are for the beach only, how weird is that? and the worst is that they don't let you take this cushions to use on the chairs, they used it separate, chairs from cushions. You know what I mean?
    The toilet do not work all the times,
    the bathroom was filthy...
    The nights when it rains our room leaks.(the windows were closed),
    We did not have a refrigerator, hair dryer, iron board neither an iron.
    Not a minibar like on the other Resorts we have been.
    I can keep going on but I am just very disappointed and very sick of the lost of all of my money !!!!!!
    I can highly recommend to all of our friends not to used APPLE VACATIONS in the future.

The Hotel is very,very .....very old....!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have not words to say how sad, disappointed and mad we are about this trip.
    I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY HOW YOU FELL.

• Ga
      5th of Jan, 2008

apple has found a way to rape hard working people of their money going back to at least hurricane emily in 2005 in mexico. we did nothing but play survivor for a week, got no refund, and we even took the trip insurance, and we're lied to at the airport prior to our flight leaving. we have nothing good to say about crooks.....