Appleiphone 6 plus - poor quality and too expensive to repair

Brazilian resident, I exchanged my old Iphone 5S for a new unblocked Iphone 6 Plus for approximately U$500.
To start, the battery life was considerable shorter (especially with some apps open) and the Iphone 6 Plus BENDS if you leave it in your back pocket when sitting for longer periods of time.

The worse, it was supposed to be more robust. On the contrary, it´s extremelly fragile. I dropped from a 1 meter height (3.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in New York, NY3feet) and the front panel was completely damaged/crashed. Went to the Apple store in Brazil who wanted to charge me also $456 (R$1.400) to repair/replace it. Took it to an Apple Store in London/UK and they wanted to charge me $364 (GBP249, 00) to repair/replace it.

Not only, the quality of this new Iphone 6 Plus is poor - but now Apple want to charge ridiculous high fees to repair an Iphone.

Do not recommend this product to anyone.

Je
Apr 13, 2015

Comments

• Ps
      May 28, 2008
    Apple - Bad Products, Scam
    California
    Phone: [protected]
    apple.com

While i bought an ipod about two years ago for $330. But recently it has stopped working correctly. Now i have already contacted Apple and they said they can't do anythin cause the warrenty is up. Now i believe that spending $300+ on anything, it should last at least five years. Apple said to fix the ipod it would cost at least $150 for just one part. is it just me or does it seem like they scam people

• Re
      May 07, 2009
    Apple - Awful service
    apple.com

iTunes is providing a terrible service on iTines with updating their Ultimate FIghter episodes. Episode 5 of season 9 is now almost one week late. Awful service and will not be purchasing a season pass ever!

• Da
      May 08, 2010
    Apple - iPod
    Massachusetts
    [protected]@verizon.net

We purchased two iPods in Dec 2008. One is working fine and the other is not functioning and it was not dropped or abused. Apple refuses to fix or replace. They want to charge me $79.00 to fix a product that is less than 1.5 years old. I can't believe they will not stand behind their products. NOT FAIR!

• Am
      May 17, 2010
    Apple - The prices are just to high for me
    apple.com

Went to the Apple store to shop for a new phone and Ipod. I really like the products and think the stores are really nice but the prices are just to high for me.

Cant they make some that are priced a bit more fairly. If someone at Apple reads this please think about making some products that are easier for the average person to afford.

• We
      May 17, 2010

A sad reminder of the greedy world we live in. Also the status that some people who somehow can afford their very highly, but excellent equipment place upon having Apple.

But I think Apple could look at their prices...

Do you think they know the story of Eastman Kodak lol

Good luck :)

Jul 07, 2010
    Apple - I would like them to staff the stores with more employees to handle all the customers they get
    apple.com

I went to the Apple store to buy a new ipod and the customer service person was really nice but i had an issue with the memory of the one i o. I went back and had a person there exchange it for me.

The line was really long. I like Apple but i would like them to staff the stores with more employees to handle all the customers they get. it would make the experience that much more fun.

•   Jul 11, 2010

I agree and have been doing business with them for about 12 years for desktops and iPods and now an iPhone. My first desktop was new and developed a bad processor right away, and Apple was really unwilling to believe me, even though it was under warranty, I had to send all kinds of threats about media exposure etc. They finally sent me to an authorized repair service to take a look at it. It was a total loss, so they finally sent me a new one. That being said, I've noticed this year, they have seemed to actually give a damn about customer service like never before. I think it's from the expansion of the product line to people that were not the Apple fan base and a rep of snooty condescending attitude (read recent past) would result in falling sales. So the pressure is on for the company attitude to change. Hope so, love the stuff and don't want to pay a loyalty tax.

Aug 30, 2010

You have to pay for quality you know, if you like there items why not save more or get a better paying job? Or just buy inferior products.

Aug 30, 2010

The Apple store where I live has the perfect number of employees, there are always enough for everyone who needs them. Also they are very nice and helpful.

Aug 30, 2010

Now, your complaint is lacking in detail. Yes, sometimes iPods don't work correctly but one thing to keep in mind is the way you treated it. Did you look after it well? Also you don't explain how it isn't working properly, it is perfectly understandable that they couldn't do anything to fix it because your warranty had expired. I have had many iPods over the years and have not experienced any problems, likewise for many other people.

Apple - My Iphone 4 is not working
    apple

I've bought an Iphone from china, it worked just fine in the first week, then the screen didnt display anything at all...

• Do
      Oct 26, 2010

If it was from China, you probably bought a cheap knockoff. Don't blame Apple for your own failure to research what you were buying.

• Po
      Oct 26, 2010

Make sure the place you bought it from was legitimate. If it was, contact apple.

• Dw
      Apr 09, 2011
    Apple - horrible in store service
    Apple/AAPL
    florida mall
    Orlando
    Florida

this store is the most unorganized, jumble of crazy i have ever experienced. i show up 50 min early for and appt. i asked the MAC Genious if they take walk ups, NO was the responce. As i sit and wait this same MG helped 3 people with no apptmnts, while i sat. when i confronted him he said he would let me "cut" in line.

crazy!!!

• Po
      Apr 10, 2011

I would call and ask next time.

• Ts

Nov 03, 2012
    Apple - LOST MOBILE
    India

Your name: MAHESH AK
    Address: HANGER #1, TAAL AIRPORT, THALLY ROAD, BELGONDAPPALLY, HOSUR, TAMILNADU-635114
    Phone model: APPLE iPHONE 4S

Missed date: January 26 2013
    IMEI No.: [protected]

• At
      Jun 13, 2013

I just passed your house. Nice house you got there!
    No seriously, don't put your address online, or your name, or your email.

• Da
      Mar 15, 2016

My iphone 6 will shut down when the temperature is only 0 centigrade. I am wondering how do Russian use iphone in winter!!