Appleiphone 5s, black spot on my phone screen.

Hi, I am Pratish Prabhakaran, Employee of Aditya Birla group, brand strategy. In my case I bought I-phone 5S, almost a month back on 24th May’15 from the organized out let The Mobile store, Vashi, Navi mumbai.
IMEI: [protected],
The phone from day one was showing some problem in hearing. Every time it was required to speak into the phone for the person at the other end to hear clearly. While I was figuring out all this, In a matter of one month the whole fun of buying the phone went into drain. On 8th, 07, 2015, after charging my phone and while browsing through my instagram page, I apparently spotted a
Black spot on the bottom -extreme right hand side corner of the phone. Eventually, the spot grew with time and became big and it’s still growing.

I visited the nearest, apple service centre at Andheri east (chakala) on 9th/07/2015, and without even checking or testing, I was told that specific point/ region has gone through extreme/ adverse pressure.
Which came to me as a surprise as I couldn’t recall any such situation & there is not even a scratch at the point. Further to that day 10th, 11th, 12th, I’ve explored almost all service centre and the case remain the same (without testing same answer).Around 16th, 17th of july’15 my case got registered with some kind of concern, all thanks to Apple helpline service and the Case ID: [protected].
On that basis we went to the maple service centre, at vashi on 17th/ 07/2015, where in my phone was at last taken for testing. Till today its lying with them. On 29.07.2015, we were updated with the result of the diagnosis run by the vashi, Mapple Service centre on the product I - phone 5S (IMEI: [protected]).
The final conclusion of the diagnosis is that the black spot appearing on the screen is because of pressure damage.Key outcome / observation of the discussion with Mapple service center team:
1. We found, the claim of pressure damage is made on non- factual grounds, as the apple team failed to provide any kind of evidence to the product owner.

2. The team has clearly shown complete non- cooperation in sharing images or other evidence, basis which the claim was made.

3. There is no written document / report generated of the result, with proper supporting document of the diagnosis done – which can be shared with the owner.

4. Absence of written instruction, dos- don’ts in a manual format which shares data / measure to quantify the amount of pressure the screen can take.

5. Even the result shared doesn’t carried any such measure/ scientific explanation of the issue, neither any quantifying nos.

6. Mr. Faizan made the point that he is pretty sure it’s a pressure damage, which on enquiring further came to our notice that the reference for the claim basis which he made the remark was the external picture of the phone, shared by the service centre, which he confirmed is the diagnosis result. This makes us suspect the sanctity of the diagnosis done for 1 entire week, which eventually happens to be just one picture.

7. The team wasn’t aware of the actual case which we shared with our first interaction on the case registered under the id: [protected].

Its quite surprising the way the brand is working in India compared to U.S. the U.S call center has denied the term " pressure damage" and also told it should get covered under warranty. kindly help on this matter.

Apple

Pr
Sep 15, 2015

Comments

• La
      Feb 10, 2010
    The Apple Store - My phones were stolen due to managers fault
    The Apple Store
    apple.com

I took my 2 iphones in to one of your stores and the employee who was helping me (Jason) told me it would be a while before the phones were synced and told me to walk around the mall. when i came back to the store; he (jason) set one of my phones down on the counter, and someone stole it. i was upset and wanted to be reimbursed, but he just looked at me, as though i did it, and walked away. no "sorry" or anything from Jason. finding out he was one of the managers really upset me more. i have pressed charges against him (houston police dept.), called att, they have taken a months worth of service off (that's all they could do), apple told me "sorry this happened" and that's all they could do. i just want everyone in the world to know Jason from the apple store at baybrook mall (friendswood) (houston) texas is working with people, and he is definitely not a "people person" i have been an iphone owner the day the iphone has come out, and that apple store hasn't been there that long. so in other words, i have been a great customer, and jason has only been an employee there for a little while, and he should be reprimanded. it's not the cost of the phone anymore; it's the principle of the whole thing. i paid $600.00 for my phone, and apple won't reimburse me for the employees' (jason) mistake for a $200.00 phone. i am seriously thinking about changing from my iphone to another company.

• Da
    Yorba Linda
    California
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Recently had issues with my IPad 2, unable to download movies from my PC to my IPad2. Called support department and after a few day the issue was resolved. Once issue was completed (Sept. 1st.) customer service asked if I would like to purchase a Protection Plan. I purchased plan and was billed the amount asked for. Upon reviewing billing information on September 3rd I found the same amount charged again on Sept 1st ($79.00) an additional $80.00 and $32.79 for what I don't know. Please call me on [protected] so matter can be resolved.
    David A. Macias