Apple Depot, earbuds / unethical

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I placed an order through their site with a coupon. I had an option to pay additional charges for 5-7 business day delivery. I took that option and paid an additional $7 above regular shipping charges. I didn't receive the item for almost 3 weeks.It was ordered on March 26. I received it on April I made multiple attempts to get the difference of the shipping charges back and they wont honor it. The fine print says the company does not refund shipping charges once shipped. They said it had been shipped for 2 weeks, we know it was not because the post office has no record of receiving the item yet; according to the tracking#. I attached the email conversations. I couldn't attach, I added it below...
Hi Kathy,
For all shipments processing for delivery begins as of the end of feature on your respective deal site (not as of date of voucher redemption). We require this as to allow for customer refunds and to ensure proper delivery to customers.
Please check back regularly on USPS, you should have your package shortly.
Thanks.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM, KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com> wrote:
The ordeal IS the fact that you offered me 5-7 business days for an additional charge. I paid the additional charge to have it within 5-7 days. We are well beyond 5-7 business days. I want the extra charges returned. You offered a service that I paid for and you did not provide. It doesn't matter how you apply the refund but it is due back to me.
From: Apple Depot <info@appledepot.ca>
To: KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Order #44149
Thanks for getting in touch.
It looks like your item is set to ship. You should be receiving it in a few days. Please check the tracking via USPS frequently. There is no ordeal to end, at this point it's just a matter of waiting for shipment.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM, KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is as far as we have gotten from a purchase made on March 25 paying the additional fee to get it in 5-7 business day. It is now on 13 business days. There is still no record of the usps even receiving to send yet.
I want to speak with someone and end this ordeal.
Is there a contact person I can get with or can they call me?
Track & Confirm
You entered: 9400110200883741607799
Your Item's StatusThe U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 09, 2013 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Hi Kathy,
As stated, shipping is non-refundable. Your tracking number is 9400110200883741607799 and the item can be tracked through USPS.
Thanks.
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM, KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com> wrote:
OK. I ordered this on March 25, 2013. I paid the additional shipping charges to have my product in 5-7 business days. Please get the calendar and check the days and give me the refund for the difference; which is $7.00. Nowhere did it say, we will not send your product for a certain number of days after the purchase. I needed this last Friday. Last Friday would be considered 9 business days. We are on day 11 IF we only count BUSINESS DAYS and you don't even have it trackable yet. I should have had this product in my hands a few days ago and I can't even check your tracker to see IF or WHEN I can expect it. This is very upsetting the way you handle your business.
I keep being told how to check tracking; hey, I do it everyday waiting and hoping to get this especially since I paid the ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR FASTER DELIVERY. Now you tell me, we don't refund shipping after the item is shipped. Well, I have been asking about this for over a week. Obviously it was not shipped or I would have it. The next email I should receive is a "I am sorry, we screwed up, we will refund your $7 and you will have your product on this day."
Severely Pissed Now,
Kathy
From: Apple Depot <info@appledepot.ca>
To: KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: Order #44149
Thanks for getting in touch.
To track your order, please check back regularly on http://www.appledepot.ca/ and click on order tracking, followed by your voucher code, for the most up-to-date tracking info we have. If your status is ‘Used’ it means that we are currently processing your order for shipping and tracking will be available shortly. Please ensure that there are no spaces before or after the voucher code or it will come up as invalid.
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM, KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com> wrote:
It has been 10 business days since I ordered my earbuds. I paid additional shipping fees to receive it within 5-7 business days.
I still have not received it. You still don't have a tracking number to even see it is in the mailing process.
I want the $7.00 additional fee I paid returned to my account. I want to know if or when I will be receiving these ear buds.
Kathy
Thanks for getting in touch.
To track your order, please check back regularly on www.appledepot.ca and click on order tracking, followed by your voucher code, for the most up-to-date tracking info we have. If your status is ‘Used’ it means that we are currently processing your order for shipping and tracking will be available shortly. Please ensure that there are no spaces before or after the voucher code or it will come up as invalid.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM, KATHY AMBRUS <katambrus2@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am wondering where my order is. I can't get a tracking number or "sent" date. It was purchased on March 25. Redemption#HXN96Y9
Please update me on the status.
Kathy Ambrus
Daniel Ambrus
Order #44149
Thank you for your order. Your order has been received and will be processed shortly.
For tracking information:
1. Please go to www.appledepot.ca
2. Click on "ORDER TRACKING"
3. Enter your voucher code or order number
You will receive the most up-to-date tracking information we have. Please note we update tracking info on a weekly basis.
If you have any questions, please email AppleDepot.Ca
Billing Address
Pompano Beach, Florida 33064
Phone number: [protected]
Customer Comments: Thank you
E-Mail Address: katambrus2@yahoo.com
Shipping Method: Express Shipping (5-7 Business Days Delivery (Express))
Payment Method: Pay Pal
March 25, 2013 19:01:16 Received
March 25, 2013 19:02:05 Paid
LivingSocial
redeem it
Hey kathy ambrus! We've got exciting news: Your LivingSocial Deal to Apple Depot is ready to be used.
Apple Depot
PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 25, 2018
PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 27, 2013
Earbuds with Built-In Mic and Remote
Here's your redemption code: HXN96Y9
Follow these detailed instructions to redeem your LivingSocial deal:
To redeem, visit http://www.appledepot.ca/confirm_voucher.php
Enter your redemption code into the voucher code box and click submit
Enter your shipping address and finish checking out
Enjoy!
Fine Print:
Limit 5 per customer, up to 5 additional as gifts • Limit 1 per transaction • Entire value must be used in a single visit • Shipping not included; flat-rate fee of $2.95 to U.S. & Canada

Ka
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Ci
      24th of Jul, 2013

Buyer be aware, Apple Depot is using another website selling on LivingSocial now called www.ROUTE000.com, they are the SAME company, but using different websites do scam customers!!!

• Ka
      13th of Sep, 2013

I guess since I made a complaint they have made my phone number the customer service contact number.
    I have received multiple phone calls of UNHAPPY customers wanted to return or cancel orders but I am just another unhappy customer. I AM NOT THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT. Please do not call the 954 # they have listed.

• Bb
      7th of Nov, 2013

Hi Kathy

I doubt you realize this but this is a public board and you have posted your name, address, email, and phone number on here.

People are likely reading this and without reading the details think your listed number is the number for appledepot.ca

I for one am a very happy customer and got all my items as I wanted and in time.

I guess you're the exception and not the rule.

BB

PS you're probably receiving tons of junk mail too now since you made your information public. Good luck

• Sc
      9th of Jan, 2014

appledepot.ca also ripped me off. At least they were responding to your emails. I get nothing.
    I ordered the earbuds and expedited shipping that was supposed to come with free pair of earbuds.
    At least I got the original earbuds. The 2nd pair never came and to top it off, my credit card number was stolen (maybe this was just a coincidence. I think receiving your order is the exception and getting scammed is the rule.

• Pl
      5th of Feb, 2014

my order finally came after almost 4 months and its plastic garage. Not as represented.

• En
      4th of Mar, 2014

AGREED THIS COMANY IS TERRIBE !
    Route 000 is who scammed me ~ I bought some necklaces for my kids for Christmas and when I FINALLY received them they even had stones missing ~ Terrible products DO NOT BUY ~