Anytime Fitness / invasion of privacy

1 10302 Prosperity ClCamby, IN, United States Review updated:

My wife joined to tan and workout, cool. Well little did she know the Trainer there went though her personal belongings and got our address, her cell number and where we live. The only way we found out was the girlfriend of this trainer called my wife to ask why she was sleepn with her man. Sounds like some good drama, LOL. Not to make it sound funny cuz its not its very scary and the kicker is the Manager is good friends with this Trainer..So dont go to Anytime Fitness in Camby, IN

Comments

8th of Apr, 2010

As the manager of Anytime Fitness we looked into the complaint and were unable to substantiate any of the accusations. I believe we did handle this situation correctly trying to make all parties happy. We contract with Ultra Body Fitness to provide personal training to our clients and feel as though they do a great job servicing our clients.

4th of Jan, 2011

What was the trainers name? I am going through the same thing. That company is a joke

• Jw
      15th of Apr, 2011

In my opinion the company is only interested in the marketing of personal training and signing people up. After the clients have signed a years contract they seem to be ignored by the company. They usually sign up for the cheapest option, which is a once a week 45 min personal training session, and yet are under the assumption that it will lead them to reach their goals. At this point its up to the trainer (a person that is not even recognized as an employee on the company’s taxes) to help the clients reach their goals. In my experience, like most Americans, the clients are looking for a quick fix. They ignore nutrition advice and recommendations about exercising on their own. They come to their once a week 45 min moderate intensity exercise training session and expect to see results. Of course they never do, and they cannot cancel because they are bound by contract. If they complain they are given the run around and still charged monthly. When they sign up the sales person paints a beautiful picture of their potential and once they hand over their bank account number it is done. The program is not invasive nor thorough enough for the clients to reach their fitness potential. Probably because the company does not want to pay the trainers what it would take to for them to implement what is advertised. Therefore I believe that this company was designed to make money, and in my opinion it is a scam.

13th of May, 2011

To anytimesux: I guarantee you are not going through " the same situation" as we have only ever had that one issue which was disputed, never proven and handled.

13th of May, 2011

To jwilk: Anytime fitness and ultra body fitness are separate companies. If you don't like UBF make a new post. My response to your post is this: You seem to know a good deal about the training sessions. They are 45 minutes, and our fitness director does paint a very good picture of fitness and what it does for ones life. The picture is true. As a personal training company UBF provides very talented and dedicated personal trainers to help clients stay motivated, work harder and be successful. If a client isn't successful because they do not make the necessary changes to their lives outside of those 45 min sessions then that is on the client. Trainers can help you, answer questions and give guidance but they cannot force you to live healthy. How can the company be more thorough? And saying that a company is a scam because they make money is funny. Ya know what is more funny? The fact that a client who is successful and fully uses the sessions to their advantage pays as much as the person who doesn't. They just don't complain cause they are too busy bettering themselves.

• Th
      8th of Jun, 2011

We were misled about UBF. When we signed up with Anytime Fitness and UBF we explained that we were moving soon and would not be staying at that location. They explained that it was no problem and that we could use any Anytime Fitness (which is true) and our training sessions would transfer. Well, we've moved and the 3 Anytime Fitness's closest to us (within 5 minutes) don't use UBF. So, instead of attempting to work with us they want us to drive 25 minutes to the closest one that has UBF. Had we known this we never would have signed a contract. On top of that the trainer I got can't remember my name or my injury after 5 months of training and uses half of my training session to text people and talk to other clients and the other half to try to sell me on buying more sessions. This was my first time hiring a trainer and I must say I'm really disappointed.

• Dl
      21st of Dec, 2011

Well put!! If you invest time you will get results. The people who see the results don't have the time to sit here and ###. I have used ubf and have no complaints. I'm step.Ger and healthier than ever before!

• Wa
      28th of Jan, 2012

anytime is the worst facility i have belonged to(extremely limited selection of equipment, no upgrades or new equipment, high pressure sales based on greed and quotas). it is far better to support a locally owned fitness center (core fitness club in mooresville) instead of a place like anytime. anytime is like a cancer that floods the marketplace with mediocre locations and makes its profit on revolving door personal trainers. before signing up with anytime, planet fitness, ymca, ect... please consider locally owned, independent fitness centers.