[Resolved] AnswersBy.com / services never received

India, United States Review updated:

It is my opinion that this is the most dishonest, unethical company that I have ever worked with. Answers By required that I sign a 2 year service contract before they would attempt to remotely fix my computer problem My computer had been hacked and I was attempting to have the issue resolved. Unfortunately I found Answers that appeared to be a service center for Acer.
The charge for services was $240 before they attempted to resolve the matter.
After working with someone on their team (from India) I found that they could not resolve the problem. I then took my computer to a local computer sales and repair shop, and they were able to reinstall all of the lost information.
Within 48 hours I was on the phone asking for a refund because I didn't want a 2 year service contract, and I didn't want to pay for services that were never provided. They offered me $170, but I wanted a complete refund. I am still in a dispute with the credit card company regarding this service.
I can only say this. Buyer beware. Based on my experience I suggest that you go elsewhere for any computer services. This company is not trustworthy

• Resolution statement

• AnswersBy.com Customer Care's Response, May 03, 2017

Dear Seeker

We are sorry about the experience you had with AnswersBy. We at AnswersBy want all our customers to have the best of technical support experience. Therefore, we would like to speak with you and straighten things out. Kindly share any of the following information along with your convenient time, so that we can arrange a call from our Customer Relations team and sort this out.

Your Name
    Phone Number
    Email Address

Thanks for taking time to write your feedback. We would like to address it and make you a happy customer of AnswersBy.

PS. You can also write to us at [protected]@answersby.com referring this subject.

Regards,
    Team AnswersBy

Cw
Apr 27, 2017

Comments

•   19th of Oct, 2016
    Answers By PC - Good Technical support
    Austin
    Texas

Hi, Myself James, I am having a Acer computer and my Acer Computer has Got hacked by a hackers and they Put a password and then started hacking my computer and they started pulling up all the record of my computer and started hacking and I got a warning message on my computer and I called the Microsoft and they said that can't help me on this issue and They suggest me to contact Acer, I called acer and My computer is Out of warranty and then I reached AnswersBy company and they asked me to pay and they tell that they can fix this issue and I checked on google about that company and I check on the this website too and I got confused to purchase the service contract or not then I contact the local technician also they said they can Try but if it not get fixed you want to again pay to Acer. I didn't have any other way, I called acer and again I Reached Answersby. I paid $299.99 for 2 years service contract . They fixed the Issue. Thanks For the Answersby. They are the Real technician. Please don't share the wrong feedback. Thanks.