AMResorts / unlimited vacation club $199 for 3 days 2 nights timeshare presentation gift

1 United States

Many of these companies are a scam. Plain and simple, how they make their money. My husband and I attended a time share presentation at Secrets Maroma on 11/22/2017 as he has purchased a Ritz Carlton Club and Marriott Club, he likes to vacation. Our certificate (75507) expires in 18 months from 11/22/2017. His first time in Mexico, loved Secrets Maroma, I have been to Mexico many times. $199 for an ultra luxury accommodations for 2 people.

The presentation itself is extremely lengthy, handed off to multiple people and VERY noisy, had a tough time to hear during the hard sell time period. So we lost much of that day (a paid for day of our hard earned money).

SCAM: You have to within 30 days of attending "register" your certificate, "why I ask, " what's the purpose ...other than many people don't. Just as I didn't. We came back from vacation and my daughter has been in and out of the hospital for much of 2018.
So when I pulled out the documents, life calming down to actually use our earned certificate, I am told by Christian at AM resorts, it is not valid. And the only deal to be had is $350 per night for an ultra luxury room. While on the phone with Christian I look up rates for Secrets Papagayo (swim up pool room is $225 online).

Our family vacations 4-6 weeks a year. This is not a reputable company for timeshares. Just book and enjoy your time there but DON'T fall for wasting your vacation time on a TIMESHARE THAT IS A SCAM.

We attended the timeshare, the certificate was earned but because we failed to make a phone call within 30 DAYS you then lose your certificate as well as your current vacation by attending the time share.

AM Resorts if you ever want me to vacation ever at any of your resorts, please reinstate my certificate as earned.

Me